+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Playoff Semi Final - First Leg

Quote Originally Posted by stateside View Post
    Laughing my ass off at the poor Tesco. You friggin’ cheated at home earlier this season. Took 2 points off us and added 1 to yourselves. No, Grealish didn’t dive. Holgate was lucky to still be on the pitch he was fouling throughout. One of your players went through Abraham from behind. Should have been a straight red. Gail time wasting four times before ref caught it. Then he fouled Grealish which would have been a yellow if ref hadn’t just booked him. Then he goes studs up on the keeper. Wonder if you would have been okay if Tammy had done that to Johnstone.

Yes, you should have had a penalty.
    Having watched the slow motion replays there was no contact on Jack and VAR would have ruled out a pen, refs can't see this stuff in the moment. If you look at how Tammy's body moves as he attempts to win the ball I think the ref got this one right.

Gayle - good player who caused us problems but what a tw@t going down clutching his forehead to try and stop the game & get Hourihane booked as well as his blatant time-wasting. The challenge on Steer was clumsy and an experienced player like him, already on a booking, should have known better.

Their game-plan very nearly worked for them until Hourihane's introduction changed the game and on their rare attacks we looked less assured at the back than we've seen in recent weeks. WBA will attack from the off which will suit us but it's on a knife-edge.

Actually having watched the Holgate footage again it's a pen all the way.

100% pen. Even the player knows it’s a pen by his initial reaction. Contact can be minimal, but it’s contact.

By the way BOrING BOrING BAGGIES

After nearly 20 hours of pathetic bleating trying to canvass sympathy for the hapless Dwight Gayle

I suggest “Baggy Mouth Al “ cuts out the middle man & lodges an appeal with

The European Court of Human Rights in Strasbourg

Unfortunately for the “Bellyaching Ginger Tw@t from Tipton”

The president of the Court of Appeal Linos-Alexandre Sicilianos is a Nottingham Forest fan

As for Leeds fans claim of Jack Grealish “conning the officials” there appears to be an acute bout of selective amnesia

Haven't Dwight Gayle

& Patrick Bamford

Been found guilty of conning the officials by means of simulation ???

Anyway the good news is both are strong contenders for awards in next years TV Bafta’s

I think that they should of had the opportunity to take a penalty, no guarantee of scoring mind.
    Gayle was looking for that second yellow from the moment he got his first, crazy lack of self control. I thought that their big CH (Bartlett??) was superb all game and they stuck to their game plan well, for 70 mins.

Thought we were poor for an hour, but still the better team during that time. Last half an hour, with Hourihane’s introduction, there was only gonna be one winner. We deserved the win, no matter of the bleating from up the A41, the better team on the day won.

Different kettle of fish on Tuesday, if wba can stick to an attacking plan as well as they parked the bus, we could be in trouble. However a change in tactics from them should play right into our hands, I hope.

Stats from BBC website show:

Possession 69% to their 31%
    Shots 21 to their 5
    On target 6 to their 2
    Corners 10 to their 4
    Fouls 3 to their 14

Tough 2nd leg ahead.
    Onwards & Upwards.
    UTV

It's been a while, but two kids later I haven't got time to ramble on the stats out the way I used to. Hello everyone!

What an exciting last few months tho. Actually eager to wake up and read the live text now.

Let's get back in the PL so I can enjoy more than highlights off of Youtube please...

edit: I've been absent for 2.75 years and I'm Hall of Fame status? They must be giving these things away...

Welcome back icecreamy

Hiya Icecreamy! 👏🏻 Don't leave it another 2.75 years or we might not have left the EU by then

Welcome back creamy, there's not many of us on here in recent times so good to have you back!

Lambert out!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)