+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cheated and why no VAR

Stupid of Gibbs to give the ref the opportunity but that’s never a penalty.

Grealish has so much “previous” you’d think ANY modern day ref would be ready for such duplicitous tactics.

On a post earlier someone mentioned that if we didn’t have rotten luck we’d have no luck at all.....he’s not far wrong.

If this was the gods “balancing up” our dubious equaliser in the 2-2 draw then I suppose some will say it’s “Karma”.

Losing Gayle on top of this is a very bitter pill i suspect we won’t overcome.

I’d like to see us upset their expectations at home by doing something radical like sticking a centre half up front to ruffle their back line or play the 16 year old striker who they know nothing about.

I suspect we’ll fall into the trap of playing J Rod on his own and end up meekly fading away.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    I'm not normally prone to blaming the referee when we lose but today's referee was shocking. Forget the penalty that we should have had, Gayle's red card and their penalty; it was the number of times that we were pulled up for fouls and the number of times Villa weren't. Mind you, the fact that Villa have made diving into an art form doesn't help. I just hope that whoever is in charge at the Hawthorns isn't conned as much as today's officials were.
    and the king of divers who had it to perfection,went from villa to Man U.answers on a post card please.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Stupid of Gibbs to give the ref the opportunity but that’s never a penalty.

Grealish has so much “previous” you’d think ANY modern day ref would be ready for such duplicitous tactics.

On a post earlier someone mentioned that if we didn’t have rotten luck we’d have no luck at all.....he’s not far wrong.

If this was the gods “balancing up” our dubious equaliser in the 2-2 draw then I suppose some will say it’s “Karma”.

Losing Gayle on top of this is a very bitter pill i suspect we won’t overcome.

I’d like to see us upset their expectations at home by doing something radical like sticking a centre half up front to ruffle their back line or play the 16 year old striker who they know nothing about.

I suspect we’ll fall into the trap of playing J Rod on his own and end up meekly fading away.
    HI Mick, never thought of using a centre half up front, Hegazi would love it up there and he's got the best back heal since that striker Buckley signed ( forgot his name).

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    HI Mick, never thought of using a centre half up front, Hegazi would love it up there and he's got the best back heal since that striker Buckley signed ( forgot his name).
    Tony Rees from Grimsby Lloyd.
    Last edited by mickd1961; 12-05-2019 at 11:55 AM.

Totally agree ref was a disgrace, should have shown 3 red cards, all of which of WBA, dirty..........

Quote Originally Posted by albion68 View Post
    and the king of divers who had it to perfection,went from villa to Man U.answers on a post card please.
    Errrrrrrrr all of them 😉🤭

Quote Originally Posted by TrianonDave View Post
    Totally agree ref was a disgrace, should have shown 3 red cards, all of which of WBA, dirty..........
    Why don't you stop trolling every thread ya boring knob and go out and get yourself a girlfriend?

Quote Originally Posted by Palmeras View Post
    f??k off you vile t?at like greasy jack didn't dive or Abraham didn't foul holgate you want to go and have your eyes tested
    Such class - if you bothered yourself to look at my posts on our board you'd see I agreed there was no contact with Grealish and you should have had a pen. The post to which you're replying is solely about the alleged punch by Hourihane - try a bit harder to consider the detail before you reply you idiot.

You also conveniently ignore Gayle's blatant cheating by going to ground clutching his forehead after Hourihane's hand touched his jawbone.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)