+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: OT. The Andrew Marr Show.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    Nope, if people choose to vote for a party with no manifesto and a serial liar - then that's up to them.

However, I will always call for a 2nd vote for the referendum. That last one was a complete farce which has left us in political disarray for the last 3 years. Surely even Leave voters would agree...

Or perhaps they'll just keep foaming at the mouth talking about democracy as to why their version of Brexit hasn't been implemented..
    No point in Manifesto's if they don't implement the policies contained within them. Lets face it. No party ever sticks to a Manifesto. So you could argue that there is no point voting for any Party that has a Manifesto because they are lying to you.

Quote Originally Posted by TipperaryBaggie View Post
    How is it that you had a different voting paper than me? Mine definitely said Leave the EU or Remain in the EU. Could you please explain how you managed to get a voting paper that said to leave with a deal or remain?

I just want a straight answer by the way, no bull****, just tell me what your voting paper stated?

I’m actually glad you asked...

I've copied this from a political analyst who's name escapes me, but its all verifiable..

"Cast your mind back to before the referendum, the 2015 referendum act set in motion the referendum - it was only possible to vote to remain a member or to stop being a member.

The act showed possible models for the United Kingdom outside the European Union which made it clear the government would review the different models and seek an agreement to achieve the best possible advantage for the country.

Then, in a leaflet sent to every house in the country, the government stated that if there was a vote to leave they would need to renegotiate new arrangements with the EU.

Now, in terms of the debate, we were told that free and open trade with Europe was what the Eurosceptics had “always wanted” That a free trade agreement that continued to give access to UK goods and services with the European Union was “what it was all about”. (Boris Johnson)

That if we left, we would sign new trade deals, and yes, one of the free trade deals would be with Europe. (David Davies)

That a vote to leave would be a vote to leave the European Union and the Single Market and we would ‘have’ to negotiate a trade deal with them. (David Cameron)

That we would carry on trading tariff free, without any tariffs, with the European Union. (Ian Duncan Smith)

We would have 'full access' to the Single Market but be free from the regulation (Michael Gove)

That maintaining access to the European Markets, and increasing access to markets around the world, was really “much of the argument for Leave”. (David Davies, again)

That it would be a better deal than the one Britain has at the moment and we could decide the terms when we left (Michael Gove, again)

And we would do a deal that will suit Northern Ireland and the Republic (Kate Hoey)

That negotiating a free trade agreement with the EU would be as easy as we want it to be. (Andrea Leadsom)

That Article 50 would prevent the economic shock of the UK crashing out (Jacob Rees-Mogg)

That we would not work under WTO rules (Michael Gove, again)

That the worst case scenario is we don’t get a tariff free deal (Good Old Nigel Farage)"

You are right, you have to cut through the bullsh1t and work out which side is being genuine.

As a remainer, I understood the leave vote to mean we would leave the SM and CU, and renegotiate a deal with the EU as laid out above. And that is exactly what Theresa May's deal does...

‘No Deal’ truly has been engineered by the clever, but deceitful Leave campaign. As an idea that it was what 17m people all voted for at the time of the referendum. Please be genuinely honest, looking at the above, would you say everyone who voted in the referendum to leave, voted for a ‘No Deal’ Brexit?

'No Deal' wasn't ever an option on the voting paper, it was barely discussed before the referendum, and it was swatted out of hand by leave supporting politicians who said we would negotiate a deal with the EU with far better terms that what we currently had, going as far to say we could cherry pick what we wanted.

Anyway, everyone on this board has a right to their view and their vote. Choose wisely...

Have you ever thought about becoming a politician 123 because you evade a simple question that I put to you with great gusto! Just answer my question on whether your voting paper said leave with a deal. A simple Yes or No is all I am asking. It's not that difficult a question is it?

Have you ever thought about becoming a politician 123 because you evade a simple question that I put to you with great gusto! Just answer my question on whether your voting paper said leave with a deal. A simple Yes or No is all I am asking. It's not that difficult a question is it?
    Read it in full, I'm not trying to swerve any question - I've answered it very clearly.

But I'll give you the shortened version....

There were two options, Leave or Remain.

A Leave vote, was a vote to Leave the EU, with a deal

That was the official Leave position. They told us we would leave with a great deal, better than what we currently had.

We didn't vote in 2016 on a No Deal option, in fact this was actively described as not going to happen in the debates by prominent leavers before the referendum, as per my above post.

Only in the aftermath of the referendum has Leave's position shifted to 'No Deal' despite their earlier comments. The goalposts have been moved by them.

A 'No Deal' Brexit was not voted for by anyone.

You could even go as far to say as a 'No Deal' Brexit would be undemocratic....

Your an absolute bull****ter 123. No voting papers contained the wording 'Leave with a deal' Unless you come up with a verification of what was on your voting paper, I will not respond anymore to the absolute garbage you spout.I'm far too busy now to entertain the tripe you publish. Have a nice Summer.

Your an absolute bull****ter 123. No voting papers contained the wording 'Leave with a deal' Unless you come up with a verification of what was on your voting paper, I will not respond anymore to the absolute garbage you spout.I'm far too busy now to entertain the tripe you publish. Have a nice Summer.
    You can't handle the truth,

Good luck to you TB

That’s the polite version. Vile won last night so end of story. Vote leave won the vote so end of story! It’s as simple as 123 😭😭😭😭

Quote Originally Posted by regis80 View Post
    Like i’ve said i haven’t given specifics but I can dig out these past threads where you always seem to have a say on everything. Another one.. my holiday home in Tenby blah blah blah.. ffs Tenby, what 3 fingered imbecile goes there? Oh the wife drives a 1 series, it is the top of the range model blah blah blah. Why don’t you do one you yorkshire runt. Who asked you to follow the baggies. Nothing but tripe from you. It doesn’t bother me you having a right wing view but you asking me for facts when your idol farij doesn’t provide any is a bit hypocritical. What happened to your footymad exile?
    We have a baggie on this board who is a young up and coming writer that writes all of the match reports - you don’t remember having a personal attack on the writer do you? Hypocrite!
    Tenby looked very beautiful yesterday especially when viewed thro a pint of Brains SA

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    Tenby looked very beautiful yesterday especially when viewed thro a pint of Brains SA
    Is Brains any good? Haven't had it in years but I always remember it as a dreadful brew. Have they upped their game or was it just the sea air 923?

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    Indeed it did 923.

I’m along the Esplanade by Tenby South Beach this week.

Where are you staying and drinking?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)