+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Your hopes for next season

Quote Originally Posted by Claret_Matelot View Post
    Stay up, compete in matches, the players pass to our own players, we take throw ins quicker
    Forgot about throw in s matelot , we certainly don’t spend any time on them in training, we must be worst in league and have been for May seasons.
    That was a good call.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Forgot about throw in s matelot , we certainly don’t spend any time on them in training, we must be worst in league and have been for May seasons.
    That was a good call.
    It's one thing that puzzles me about Dyche, always has done, he's so meticulous, so well organised, everything is worked on and planned, and then we get a throw-in, and you think WTF ???

That my dads fit and well to watch the clarets ( he’s been going 60 plus years now)
    I saw my first game in 1953 army, so your dad must be around the same age as me. Between us we'll have seen a lot of bloody good games, and a lot of bad 'uns !! I don't go on much any more so your dad clearly has more staying power than me, I hope he stays fit and well and is watching them for many more years to come. Please give him my best wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I saw my first game in 1953 army, so your dad must be around the same age as me. Between us we'll have seen a lot of bloody good games, and a lot of bad 'uns !! I don't go on much any more so your dad clearly has more staying power than me, I hope he stays fit and well and is watching them for many more years to come. Please give him my best wishes.
    Thanks sinkov I will , still mad for it he is with tails of us in Europe - George best - Malcolm McDonalds debut , John Charles at 18 years old , how rude Stanley Mathews was with autographs etc.how hard Angus was and Tommy Smith .and of course Jimmy Mac a (gentleman and genius ).
    Seen a few low years myself with him till I played Saturdays , but I’ve had a season ticket again about 10 years now and tbh it’s brilliant for him been back in the top flight ( not quite top dogs like we were ) but hey you can’t have everything and he says didn’t think he’d ever see that again.

Thanks sinkov I will , still mad for it he is with tails of us in Europe - George best - Malcolm McDonalds debut , John Charles at 18 years old , how rude Stanley Mathews was with autographs etc.how hard Angus was and Tommy Smith .and of course Jimmy Mac a (gentleman and genius ).
    Seen a few low years myself with him till I played Saturdays , but I’ve had a season ticket again about 10 years now and tbh it’s brilliant for him been back in the top flight ( not quite top dogs like we were ) but hey you can’t have everything and he says didn’t think he’d ever see that again.
    Your Dad's right Army

When wages were capped and players played for relatively little we could compete with a team mainly comprising Scots, Welsh, local lads, Irish and NE boys.

Money now talks and those that can pay big wages and big transfer fees become the top dogs.

But a look across all league teams show you how the "once were warriors" are fairing and we are doing better than most.

But it does beg the question what is the best we could ever achieve in this modern era and just how far can we go?

army --I am also of the same era as your dad, started going on the Turf when I was a 5 year old in August 1952. I sit with two other 'lads' and between us we have just around 210 years of watching the Clarets and we all travel to do so these days. None of us ever thought that we would ever watch the Clarets playing in the PL. As my mate Mike said on Sunday ---"Roll on next season!"

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    army --I am also of the same era as your dad, started going on the Turf when I was a 5 year old in August 1952. I sit with two other 'lads' and between us we have just around 210 years of watching the Clarets and we all travel to do so these days. None of us ever thought that we would ever watch the Clarets playing in the PL. As my mate Mike said on Sunday ---"Roll on next season!"
    Same age as me.Live a long way away now.My first game must have been about 1954.We lost 1-0 at home to Newcastle.Milburn scoring the winner.

The first priority must be to stay in the premier league. I would also like to see the club show some ambition to improve our first team squad, with someone who could provide some creativity.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage Claret View Post
    The first priority must be to stay in the premier league. I would also like to see the club show some ambition to improve our first team squad, with someone who could provide some creativity.
    Is that going to happen if we sign Crouch as 4th striker????? Cant we get some young legs with PACE into this team for goodness sake.

A nice bit of wheeling and dealing, improve the squad and be another £50 million up in the process. It will happen!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)