+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Your hopes for next season

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Firstly Above all we manage to stay up again ..
    Already Despondent,...With the Crouch affair!!!

Lennon now !!

Thought we must surely improve,...But Alas Looking Imo ,..Like we have learned Nowt as usual ....

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Firstly Above all we manage to stay up again ..
    Yes indeed uncle Alf, for BOTH of the Burnsleys to stay up next season, but its going to be hard.

Squad changes / evolution.
    Throw-in practice and drills.
    Defend in 90+ minutes.
    Send Chris Wood to an intensive three day Off-side seminar.

I think we need to concentrate more on Defence, get the keeper higher up the pitch.....also work on that Longball accuracy - lets not waste balls by passing to a player, just get them over the keeper and in the net !....and of S.D's repetetive, overused phrases...."we're a work in Progress" could be replaced by " behold, a work in progres" or better still, why say anything, when he can wear it on a T-Shirt....perhaps we all should get them.

Next Season

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post

I think we need to concentrate more on Defence, get the keeper higher up the pitch.....also work on that Longball accuracy - lets not waste balls by passing to a player, just get them over the keeper and in the net !....and of S.D's repetetive, overused phrases...."we're a work in Progress" could be replaced by " behold, a work in progres" or better still, why say anything, when he can wear it on a T-Shirt....perhaps we all should get them.

Surly we need to keep our best players as well as adding more. I can't believe the rumor that Nike Pope could be sold and at a knockdown price! If Everton's goalkeeper is worth 50 million ( not ) then Pope must be with more, he is the best we have got and probably the best England has with Tom Heaton equal. I was the person that posted last season that we needed Tom Heaton, Dwight McNeil, and Matji Vidra to come Into the team when we were performing so bad.

Not everyone agreed, I think it looks a good call now!
    Hope we can keep all our good players and that includes Vidra, and also add some more quality and I think we will be OK in 2020. Good luck to all our players and hope they stay fit next season Stan.

Quote Originally Posted by StanW View Post
    Surly we need to keep our best players as well as adding more. I can't believe the rumor that Nike Pope could be sold and at a knockdown price! If Everton's goalkeeper is worth 50 million ( not ) then Pope must be with more, he is the best we have got and probably the best England has with Tom Heaton equal. I was the person that posted last season that we needed Tom Heaton, Dwight McNeil, and Matji Vidra to come Into the team when we were performing so bad.

Not everyone agreed, I think it looks a good call now!
    Hope we can keep all our good players and that includes Vidra, and also add some more quality and I think we will be OK in 2020. Good luck to all our players and hope they stay fit next season Stan.
    Hi Stan, this is Burnley FC we are talking about. No-one leaves Turf Moor for bargain prices!

Quote Originally Posted by Claret_Matelot View Post
    Stay up, compete in matches, the players pass to our own players, we take throw ins quicker
    Quite correct Matelot. Do you support Hampshire in the cricket?

I should explain that my family are from Burnley but I was born in Fareham and I used to go and watch Hampshire in Portsmouth after finishing school.

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    I should explain that my family are from Burnley but I was born in Fareham and I used to go and watch Hampshire in Portsmouth after finishing school.
    Posh sod! I thought no-one on this forum had ever been to finishing school!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    A nice bit of wheeling and dealing, improve the squad and be another £50 million up in the process. It will happen!
    Serious question BT, we already have plenty of cash in the bank, we operate at a profit, why do we need another £50 million in the bank ? I'm still waiting to see £50 million in a bank account score a goal or win a point, and I won't be holding my breath while I wait.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)