+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your hopes for next season

Your hopes for next season

Firstly Above all we manage to stay up again ..

To stay alive and remain healthy so that I can still get to the Turf --no matter what else happens --and that we keep putting in the effort to stay up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    To stay alive and remain healthy so that I can still get to the Turf --no matter what else happens -
    You're not softing on that dreaded VAR are you Sub, I thought that was going to see you off ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    You're not softing on that dreaded VAR are you Sub, I thought that was going to see you off ?
    Do not like VAR because it is not being used throughout the whole League and Pyramid system which means that those who run the game consider that some games are more important than others which I, as a fan of football, totally disagree with.
    Having said that, I have watched the Clarets for 67 years up to now and I'll be damned if the introduction of technology will stop my going to the Turf. I can always go and watch unimportant games at Middlesbrough and Sunderland if I want to escape the trap!

What Supersub said.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Do not like VAR because it is not being used throughout the whole League and Pyramid system which means that those who run the game consider that some games are more important than others which I, as a fan of football, totally disagree with.
    Having said that, I have watched the Clarets for 67 years up to now and I'll be damned if the introduction of technology will stop my going to the Turf. I can always go and watch unimportant games at Middlesbrough and Sunderland if I want to escape the trap!
    To be honest Sub I stopped watching Champions League games on't box because VAR was winding me up, never again I said, cancel that BT Sport subscription, I'm not watching any more. It took about three weeks and I was back watching them again.

In fact, seeing some of the appalling decisions being given, and the appalling cheating by some players, I might even get to thinking it's beneficial. It could be if they get it right.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    To be honest Sub I stopped watching Champions League games on't box because VAR was winding me up, never again I said, cancel that BT Sport subscription, I'm not watching any more. It took about three weeks and I was back watching them again.

In fact, seeing some of the appalling decisions being given, and the appalling cheating by some players, I might even get to thinking it's beneficial. It could be if they get it right.
    Can't argue with those sentiments, sinkov, particularly your last line and a half, however, it will depend on just how they use the whole system and clarification needs to be given to all those involved in the game, including those fans who attend the matches. I won't hold my breath on that one though.

1. That we stop blowing up each other.
    2. That someone will actually prove one way or the other that mankind is/is not/is partially responsible for global warming and that if we are not we can start burning coal again for cheap energy. Or go nuclear power because that makes the most sense.
    3. That Brexit no longer dominates Parliament and we just get on with them or without them and do not spend to much time and money on Euro elections.
    4. That Houghton finds another employer that actually recognises that he kept a poor team in the Prem.
    5. That Burnley spend at least as much on transferring in that they receive from transferring out.
    6. That SD (bless him) finds other clichés to describe what is essentially poor or boring play with the odd admission that maybe the tactics were wrong at times.
    7. That we uncover a couple of first team players from our pool of Development Squad.
    8. That we all lave the 2018/19 season in the knowledge that our posts were the one main reason Burnley stayed up this year.

Quote Originally Posted by blueheeler1 View Post
    1. That we stop blowing up each other.
    2. That someone will actually prove one way or the other that mankind is/is not/is partially responsible for global warming and that if we are not we can start burning coal again for cheap energy. Or go nuclear power because that makes the most sense.
    3. That Brexit no longer dominates Parliament and we just get on with them or without them and do not spend to much time and money on Euro elections.
    4. That Houghton finds another employer that actually recognises that he kept a poor team in the Prem.
    5. That Burnley spend at least as much on transferring in that they receive from transferring out.
    6. That SD (bless him) finds other clichés to describe what is essentially poor or boring play with the odd admission that maybe the tactics were wrong at times.
    7. That we uncover a couple of first team players from our pool of Development Squad.
    8. That we all lave the 2018/19 season in the knowledge that our posts were the one main reason Burnley stayed up this year.
    That my dads fit and well to watch the clarets ( he’s been going 60 plus years now)

That we sign some players and actually have a go at some teams ( I know we can’t open up against City and Arsenal etc).

That maybe we could get to a final ( league or FA cup) , this would be amazing , long time since we’ve been to Wembley.

That we step away from Europe and actually believe we are brilliant instead of being told constantly we need to be part of the union.

Stay up, compete in matches, the players pass to our own players, we take throw ins quicker

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)