+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Takeover this week then?

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    If the SAs are meeting today to discuss things such as Ardley's future....
    If he's still under contract then I would have thought it's too late to sack him now. He should have been sacked when it became obvious he wasn't able to get the necessary points needed out of the squad to stay up, but that would have meant paying him off so I guess that's why it was never going to happen.

Ironic that Flitcroft gets sacked for getting Stags into the play-offs and Ardley keeps his for taking us down.

The first decision any new owners should make is to sack Ardley off.

Completely the wrong man for the job.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    That's what Scoop is saying on his Webchat.

Simo: Morning Leigh , greetings and salutations. What, if any is Reg Brearley's involvement with the May/Kenworthy consortium and their interest in purchasing the club ? The Kenworthy/Brearley double act has previous history going back many years including Sheff Utd and Grantham as well as a rumoured big in the Spireites a few years ago.
    Hi Simo, It was reported last year he was going to buy them, but it never materialised. I haven’t heard his name mentioned as part of the May consortium, but you can understand why people are putting his name to it given Tony Kenworthy is part of their bid for Notts. A question for them to answer - if I could get hold of them.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...-leigh-2886828
    Scoop. The man who knows nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    The first decision any new owners should make is to sack Ardley off.

Completely the wrong man for the job.

Agreed. Wasn't the right man to keep us in the FL and has never managed in the Cinerama. By the way we seem to measure things, that makes him a perfect choice. Flipflop got the hatrack at Mansfield for missing out on the play-offs but the man who oversaw our exit from the FL gets a contract ext. Typical Notts.
    Last edited by countygump; 20-05-2019 at 05:07 PM.

In Scoop's recent web chat, he mentioned that the SA's want a clean slate, whereas the May group want Hardy to stay on as chairman. If you think back to that bizarre interview with Hardy after the Swindon game, he mentioned that the deal will go through within 7-10 days (whatever mate) and that the new owners wanted him to stick around.

I wonder if Hardy would favour the May offer simply because it would allow him to stay involved (and in the limelight) for a bit longer, even if the deal isn't as good for the club.

Who would know,but one thing we do know his skills lie away from football management.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    In Scoop's recent web chat, he mentioned that the SA's want a clean slate, whereas the May group want Hardy to stay on as chairman. If you think back to that bizarre interview with Hardy after the Swindon game, he mentioned that the deal will go through within 7-10 days (whatever mate) and that the new owners wanted him to stick around.

I wonder if Hardy would favour the May offer simply because it would allow him to stay involved (and in the limelight) for a bit longer, even if the deal isn't as good for the club.
    There was a rumour that said Terry Pritchard said they felt he preferred May's group because they didn't ask difficult questions but as the South African group are apparently meeting today to discuss budgets and such, I imagine that they are very near the line now. Why would you fly in from around the world to discuss something you haven't purchased yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    There was a rumour that said Terry Pritchard said they felt he preferred May's group because they didn't ask difficult questions but as the South African group are apparently meeting today to discuss budgets and such, I imagine that they are very near the line now. Why would you fly in from around the world to discuss something you haven't purchased yet?
    If people have put 2+2 correctly, one of them was already here last week at the Uni.

"wonder if Hardy would favour the May offer simply because it would allow him to stay involved (and in the limelight) for a bit longer, even if the deal isn't as good for the club."
    Spot on Slack. The thought makes me feel very apprehensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bob View Post
    I'm not holding my breath.
    Try! You will break the World Record!

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast