+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Takeover this week then?

There is nothing to report Gumpy the Nottm Post are a joke.

What is the point of these webchats each week the only questions will be 1) Takeover news ? 2) Who has been released ?

I dont blame Leigh Curtis to be honest he takes alot of stick but NOBODY has given us one SA name.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Bit more here that tells us absolutely nothing:

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...t-know-2863980
    It's a decent summing up to be fair, he's also reminded readers of the 7-10 days/Middle of May timeframe and closed the piece with the winding-up petition looming on the horizon.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    It's a decent summing up to be fair, he's also reminded readers of the 7-10 days/Middle of May timeframe and closed the piece with the winding-up petition looming on the horizon.
    I also noticed the mention of a former 'big club' chairman...have we heard that bit before? At least the wording rules out Fawaz in two different ways.

"It is believed a British investor is also on board with the South Africans and used to be a chairman of a big English club, although his identity is being kept under wraps."
    Last edited by SwalePie; 13-05-2019 at 07:26 PM.

Depends what he means by big club I suppose.

Martin Broughton comes to mind who was briefly chairman at Liverpool for a few months.....surely he is too high profile though.

Maybe Hardy is waiting until after the play offs, when the last lingering hopes of anyone going into to Admin and getting a points deduction have gone. I know it would be kidding himself to rely on that but he has plenty of form for that.

No mention of Smurthwaite in that article, which is surprising given his prior ‘connection’ so to speak.

I dunno, with everything being kept so under wraps I can only think that the deal is going to be either a stunner or somewhat questionable.

At least Smurthwaite is in football just because he likes football and owned Port Vale as a “hobby”....perhaps someone like that would be better in our circumstances rather than some unassociated property developers or foreign owners?

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Maybe Hardy is waiting until after the play offs, when the last lingering hopes of anyone going into to Admin and getting a points deduction have gone. I know it would be kidding himself to rely on that but he has plenty of form for that.
    Just been reading about Bolton going into admin and I can’t find anything about points deduction for this season, just talks about a12 point deduction for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    I really hope it is not anyone connected with property development.
    I know we don't own the ground but our new owners (if they are there) could apply for permission to build anything they wanted.
    All they need is a "nod and a wink" before purchase and away they go.
    3 sided ground with the Kop and car park turned into a supermarket / hotel / housing.
    Even worse - develop the whole site for housing etc.
    And we have a little 8000/10000 new stadium built out in Rushcliffe somewhere.

I would much, much rather us have a football supporter as owner - as long as they have their head screwed on.
    People keep repeating this as a possible scenario but seem to forget that the football club doesn't lease Meadow Lane from the council. Haydn Green's estate has the head lease with the council, and it's the estate which then sub lets to Notts.

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    Just been reading about Bolton going into admin and I can’t find anything about points deduction for this season, just talks about a12 point deduction for next season.
    Yes because there is nothing resting on them losing 12 points this season. Had they finished 5th bottom and 3 points above the relegation zone they would have then deducted this season and be relegated.

Confused ? Join the club

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    People keep repeating this as a possible scenario but seem to forget that the football club doesn't lease Meadow Lane from the council. Haydn Green's estate has the head lease with the council, and it's the estate which then sub lets to Notts.
    Maybe the Hadyn Green estate would be prepared to allow development?
    As someone said earlier on this thread - it will either be a stunner or a disaster.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast