+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Takeover this week then?

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    The plot thickens.
    The SA bid seems so far down the road that you would think it has to be them.

Quote Originally Posted by McCullochisGod View Post
    What good would that be?
    Twelve months ago I genuinely felt like the club had never been better ran. The crowds were up (and have held despite all that's happened), the marketing and media operation was really quite excellent (and it remained so up until after the Swindon game where everything suddenly went quiet), and whenever I had to visit/ring the club I was always dealt with quickly and professionally. It was such a breath of fresh air compared to most of the previous custodians. Of course we're a football club and on that front he's been found woefully out of his depth, something not helped by his wish to be Mr Popular and his ill-advised attempts to elicit sympathy/repair his reputation. His legacy is overwhelmingly negative, but just like Ray Trew (who brought in Cotterill and took an underachieving squad to the League Two championship) it's a complicated picture (heck even Munto deserve some credit for attracting a younger generation of fans and effectively eliminating the OAP stereotype overnight).

Quote Originally Posted by LilCrazyKim View Post
    Twelve months ago I genuinely felt like the club had never been better ran. The crowds were up (and have held despite all that's happened), the marketing and media operation was really quite excellent (and it remained so up until after the Swindon game where everything suddenly went quiet), and whenever I had to visit/ring the club I was always dealt with quickly and professionally. It was such a breath of fresh air compared to most of the previous custodians. Of course we're a football club and on that front he's been found woefully out of his depth, something not helped by his wish to be Mr Popular and his ill-advised attempts to elicit sympathy/repair his reputation. His legacy is overwhelmingly negative, but just like Ray Trew (who brought in Cotterill and took an underachieving squad to the League Two championship) it's a complicated picture (heck even Munto deserve some credit for attracting a younger generation of fans and effectively eliminating the OAP stereotype overnight).
    Nice try Kim, but logical, rational and sensible posts like that don't go down well with some on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    The plot thickens.
    Ex QPR Mmmmm I think the buyer could be Raymondo Van Der Trew

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    The SA bid seems so far down the road that you would think it has to be them.

Sounds like they're just waiting for Al to sign:

The news comes as crunch talks involving the investors were held in London today in which their business plan was discussed including the playing budget for next season and sites for a training ground.

They are keen to keep Ardley in charge and give him a competitive budget in what will be the club’s maiden voyage into non-league football.

The consortium’s offer was officially submitted to the club on Friday and it is believed they are being assisted by IPS Law, a top sports solicitors' firm in London.

Negotiations with current Notts chairman and owner Alan Hardy are still ongoing with property developer Alex May also keen on acquiring the club having failed with a bid to buy Chesterfield last year.

I see Derry has left Oxford as coach.

We arent thinking what has come into my head with Bircham linked are we ??!!

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post

Apparently the South African group want to keep Ardley as they don't want 4 managers in a year

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post

No.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Why do views on people always have to be so black or white? Hardy’s now a villain, but I am grateful to him for raising attendances getting us out of the ****e in 2017. I put a lot of the blame for last season on Kevin Nolan, but for just over a year he did a great job.

I don’t get the abuse any of these people receive when things don’t go well and I don’t understand all the rampant arse licking when things are going well.
    Totally agree and have said the same many times. Hardy virtually doubled our average gate which was in decline when he took over.
    He reduced the ticket prices, improved the corporate side of the business.
    His intentions were good, his conduct was poor.

I am reading inbetween the lines but based on the reporting of Scoop and the snippets we have seen on here the deal is done bar the lease being sorted out which suggests in some way we will also be moving house at some point to somewhere. So the SA guys are moving forward with the other side of the business while that is resolved. Seems pretty sensible to me. I really dont think we will be waiting much longer fully expect all to be done. I am keen to know who the chairman will be.

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast