+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Takeover this week then?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Takeover this week then?

If Hardy is to be believed. "7 -10 days" means we should know by this Wednesday. "Within the next few weeks" would be Friday at the latest (It's not going to be a weekend announcement).

Hahaha.

Name:  69507926-6011-4380-B107-078ACD6C48D9.jpg
Views: 5767
Size:  14.3 KB

I really hope it is not anyone connected with property development.
    I know we don't own the ground but our new owners (if they are there) could apply for permission to build anything they wanted.
    All they need is a "nod and a wink" before purchase and away they go.
    3 sided ground with the Kop and car park turned into a supermarket / hotel / housing.
    Even worse - develop the whole site for housing etc.
    And we have a little 8000/10000 new stadium built out in Rushcliffe somewhere.

I would much, much rather us have a football supporter as owner - as long as they have their head screwed on.

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    I really hope it is not anyone connected with property development.
    I know we don't own the ground but our new owners (if they are there) could apply for permission to build anything they wanted.
    All they need is a "nod and a wink" before purchase and away they go.
    3 sided ground with the Kop and car park turned into a supermarket / hotel / housing.
    Even worse - develop the whole site for housing etc.
    And we have a little 8000/10000 new stadium built out in Rushcliffe somewhere.

I would much, much rather us have a football supporter as owner - as long as they have their head screwed on.
    That is what i fear, but saying that it would be a very brave move from any potential new owners but money talks at the end of the day, so they would not care what the supporters think.

Quote Originally Posted by ireallyhateforest View Post
    That is what i fear, but saying that it would be a very brave move from any potential new owners but money talks at the end of the day, so they would not care what the supporters think.
    Can't see it. If we owned the ground then yes. I'm sure a property developer could get a much better return on investment by buying derelict land than trying to do anything with Notts. There would be total uproar if anyone wanted to redevelop the stadium. I know its happened to other clubs, but normally when they own the land.

Quote Originally Posted by GranthamPie View Post
    Name:  69507926-6011-4380-B107-078ACD6C48D9.jpg
Views: 5767
Size:  14.3 KB
    This, unfortunately. Like everyone else I keep watching the news and the OS hoping for something positive, but beginning to think its just wishful thinking. If the South African takeover is on, why is it taking so long? Hardy said he had accepted their offers weeks ago, structured depending on which league we end up in.

Is the photo copyrighted Grantham, think it would make an excellent new avatar, about sums up the life of a Notts supporter.

The sooner he’s gone the sooner our club can start to re-build !

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    If Hardy is to be believed...
    Biggest 'if' ever.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Biggest 'if' ever.

#Trust, #Faith:

https://www.leftlion.co.uk/read/2019...gpie-may-2019/

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast