+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Takeover this week then?

Gus Gould

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    I see Derry has left Oxford as coach.

We arent thinking what has come into my head with Bircham linked are we ??!!
    Yes because he was crap...

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    I am reading inbetween the lines but based on the reporting of Scoop and the snippets we have seen on here the deal is done bar the lease being sorted out which suggests in some way we will also be moving house at some point to somewhere. So the SA guys are moving forward with the other side of the business while that is resolved. Seems pretty sensible to me. I really dont think we will be waiting much longer fully expect all to be done. I am keen to know who the chairman will be.
    It sounds like the SAs submitted their bid on Friday, which suggests the legal wrangling around the lease is over. Now they've ironed out the details about who will manage us, budgets (presumably), and recruitment, it sounds like we're just waiting for Hardy to rubber stamp it - but yeah, who knows what's actually going on.

The fact that Scoop keeps mentioning the May group 'waiting in the wings' makes me rather anxious though. If there's a rival bidder whispering sweet nothings into Hardy's ear ('you can stay on as chairman', 'the club needs you', 'you've done a fantastic job', etc.), he might be tempted to go with them over the SAs. But again, who knows.

One thing we do know is that Hardy loves the limelight. Despite everything he has lost (money, respect, dignity), he probably still craves it. I'd imagine May's group are using the chance to stay in the limelight as a bargaining chip, or simply because they can't be bothered to actually install their own man as their real intentions are elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by apieandpint View Post
    Didn't Nolan claim some players were signed over his head during the summer. One player in particular (Vaughan I believe) he didn't want to due to his wage demands, but AH went over his head and signed him?
    I don't know if Vaughn & co were brought in regardless of Nolan's wishes, but I do remember Hardy asking him if he needed any new defenders and Nolan saying nay. If it were up to Hardy who was signed he could have brought in his own choice of defenders, couldn't he? Besides, hadn't Hardy fell out with the Forest mob, yet he signed Vaughn?

If some of the posters on here hadn't been so full of spite and bitter critisism of AH he might have stayed on Twitter and given us his version of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    I don't know if Vaughn & co were brought in regardless of Nolan's wishes, but I do remember Hardy asking him if he needed any new defenders and Nolan saying nay. If it were up to Hardy who was signed he could have brought in his own choice of defenders, couldn't he? Besides, hadn't Hardy fell out with the Forest mob, yet he signed Vaughn?

If some of the posters on here hadn't been so full of spite and bitter critisism of AH he might have stayed on Twitter and given us his version of the story.
    Hadn't Vaughn already left Forest? Not sure what signing him has to do with Hardy's spat with them.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    It sounds like the SAs submitted their bid on Friday, which suggests the legal wrangling around the lease is over. Now they've ironed out the details about who will manage us, budgets (presumably), and recruitment, it sounds like we're just waiting for Hardy to rubber stamp it - but yeah, who knows what's actually going on.

The fact that Scoop keeps mentioning the May group 'waiting in the wings' makes me rather anxious though. If there's a rival bidder whispering sweet nothings into Hardy's ear ('you can stay on as chairman', 'the club needs you', 'you've done a fantastic job', etc.), he might be tempted to go with them over the SAs. But again, who knows.

One thing we do know is that Hardy loves the limelight. Despite everything he has lost (money, respect, dignity), he probably still craves it. I'd imagine May's group are using the chance to stay in the limelight as a bargaining chip, or simply because they can't be bothered to actually install their own man as their real intentions are elsewhere.
    Exactly this !

Quote Originally Posted by theory_extinct View Post
    Hadn't Vaughn already left Forest? Not sure what signing him has to do with Hardy's spat with them.
    Yes he was a free agent 🤷🏼*♂️ Nothing to do with florest

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post

I think you will find a bid has been in for some time but for various reasons may have changed. We know there were 2 offers submitted depending on stay up or not stay up a bid will have been submitted some time ago. Further info may have changed the bid amount of course. Even with Hardy being the media dude that he is the simple fact that if he stays on it will pretty much kill the credibility of any bidder who keeps him on will be enough to stop that happening and didnt the May lot have some ex Sheffield United dude lined up anyway? Either way they way I see it both parties will be after the land Meadow Lane is on in some way shape or form. if Notts are still playing at the Lane in 5 years I will be extremely surprised. I'll be even more surprised if we are playing in the football league at the lane in 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by theory_extinct View Post
    Maybe there's a connection, maybe not, either way Hardy's not likely to give us the info on Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    I think you will find a bid has been in for some time but for various reasons may have changed. We know there were 2 offers submitted depending on stay up or not stay up a bid will have been submitted some time ago. Further info may have changed the bid amount of course. Even with Hardy being the media dude that he is the simple fact that if he stays on it will pretty much kill the credibility of any bidder who keeps him on will be enough to stop that happening and didnt the May lot have some ex Sheffield United dude lined up anyway? Either way they way I see it both parties will be after the land Meadow Lane is on in some way shape or form. if Notts are still playing at the Lane in 5 years I will be extremely surprised. I'll be even more surprised if we are playing in the football league at the lane in 5 years.
    That’s bleak.

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast