+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Takeover this week then?

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    There was a rumour that said Terry Pritchard said they felt he preferred May's group because they didn't ask difficult questions but as the South African group are apparently meeting today to discuss budgets and such, I imagine that they are very near the line now. Why would you fly in from around the world to discuss something you haven't purchased yet?
    A rumour started by who?

So much speculation but where has it come from?
    It does concern me that Mr Hardy has frequently put faith in some dubious characters in the past and has seems to have scant knowledge of any valid concerns we may have over future ownership. The way he was talking in the past, he wanted rid like it was a hot potato, yet now he is talking of staying on as Chairman
    If someone has gone so far as to pay the wages, ?new owners, have they applied for the owners and directors test yet? Has the media reported on that? I know it doesnt count for much but its a stage that has to be completed before takeover.

Quote Originally Posted by placidpie View Post
    So much speculation but where has it come from?
    We're just piecing things together from the scraps of information we're being fed. But if Scoop is right about the SAs wanting a clean slate in terms of Hardy, then the deal he was talking about after the Swindon game, where he'd stay on as chairman, was clearly May's deal.

Which seems bizarre considering that the SAs have apparently been front runners this whole time.

I'll be glad when all this is over. Hopefully we'll hear something this week, and Hardy chooses the best offer for the club, whichever that may be.

Quote Originally Posted by McCullochisGod View Post
    A rumour started by who?
    There was a screen shot from someone claiming to be in conversation with Terry Pritchard, I think Gump linked to it but it's available on Twitter. I'm not going to do the leg work for you, bearing in mind you can't be bother to substantiate your tittle-tattle

Quote Originally Posted by placidpie View Post
    If someone has gone so far as to pay the wages, ?new owners, have they applied for the owners and directors test yet? Has the media reported on that? I know it doesnt count for much but its a stage that has to be completed before takeover.
    Yes, the SA's passed the fit and proper persons test, that much was reported in the Evening Post, weeks ago.

Fit and proper persons test is only an EFL requirement (I think the PL also do a similar system) but national league there is no such requirement... Saying that, the South African group have apparently completed it in case we stayed up

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Fit and proper persons test is only an EFL requirement (I think the PL also do a similar system) but national league there is no such requirement... Saying that, the South African group have apparently completed it in case we stayed up
    "The test, introduced in 2004, is mandated by the Premier League, the Football League, the National League and the Scottish Premier League. Anybody who takes over a club, runs one, or owns over 30% of its shares must be assessed. "

More in here http://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/...es-1013?page=0

Thanks. I must have missed quite a bit of the gossip!
    Though, having done some digging around, admittedly only through loose contacts, I don't believe any of our prospective owners have applied for the fit and proper test recently. Maybe it's only being done this week?

An Impi of Zulus spotted in Meadow lane cafe. Any info??

Quote Originally Posted by Dunce View Post
    An Impi of Zulus spotted in Meadow lane cafe. Any info??
    Is one called Will?

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast