+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chris Hughton sacked by Brighton

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    Frank Lampard loves Brighton.
    I was thinking down the lines of Stevie Gerrard.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Bet SJW Lineker goes on Twitter and implies it's due to racism.
    great_fire, I've already discussed this with my mate. Makes you wonder if he's just used for his greatness but, then dumped because his face doesn't fit.

Just how many black Managers are there actually in the leagues?

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    great_fire, I've already discussed this with my mate. Makes you wonder if he's just used for his greatness but, then dumped because his face doesn't fit.

Just how many black Managers are there actually in the leagues?
    Not many.

But I would say the real issue is how our coaching has fallen behind other countries, black and white British coaches and managers are being replaced by foreign, mainly European ones.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Not many.

But I would say the real issue is how our coaching has fallen behind other countries, black and white British coaches and managers are being replaced by foreign, mainly European ones.
    and that's a massive shame ain't it..... Houghton has a lot to offer and I once called him out as a good choice for us long before Evans...

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    Frank Lampard loves Brighton.
    Must be the donkeys

I have always liked Chris as a manager and it's a Phucking stupid move by the Chairman if you ask me. Would be justice if they went down next season.

'Swansea City have rejected an approach from Brighton for manager Graham Potter.

Potter has emerged as a leading contender to take over at the Amex Stadium following the sacking of Chris Hughton.

Should compensation be agreed between the clubs, it will be up to Potter to decide whether he leaves Championship side Swansea'

Great news so far! Serves Brighton right if they don't get him. Thing is, it's now down to Potter to show where 'his' loyalties lie or, will the lure of the big pound sign and the Premiership become too much for him? You would like to think he would show loyalty to the club, Swansea, who gave him a 3 year deal only last year. Let's see how this pans out......

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    'Swansea City have rejected an approach from Brighton for manager Graham Potter.

Potter has emerged as a leading contender to take over at the Amex Stadium following the sacking of Chris Hughton.

Should compensation be agreed between the clubs, it will be up to Potter to decide whether he leaves Championship side Swansea'

Great news so far! Serves Brighton right if they don't get him. Thing is, it's now down to Potter to show where 'his' loyalties lie or, will the lure of the big pound sign and the Premiership become too much for him? You would like to think he would show loyalty to the club, Swansea, who gave him a 3 year deal only last year. Let's see how this pans out......
    Loyalty?

Died years ago in football

Chris Hughton did a brilliant job at Brighton, working on a shoe string compared to other
    clubs in the premiership.
    What top manager will want to go there if there is no money to get new players in, next
    season will just be a battle to stop in the premier league, if they get relegated a top
    manager does not want relegation on his cv.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Chris Hughton did a brilliant job at Brighton, working on a shoe string compared to other
    clubs in the premiership.
    What top manager will want to go there if there is no money to get new players in, next
    season will just be a battle to stop in the premier league, if they get relegated a top
    manager does not want relegation on his cv.
    Rumours are starting to fly that Steve Bruce is next target if they don’t get Potter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123