+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: O/T Lewis Hamilton- what a great human being

Nice gesture by Hamilton but think my old adversaries grist and GM make some valid points. I don't think you can totally divorce this issue from not paying his taxes BOTN.The consequences of not paying taxes particularly for someone as wealthy as him has a lot of implications for the sick and poor of this country. Admittedly he is not the only one guilty of this which is one of the reasons why our health service is not as well funded as it should be...
    Last edited by rolymiller; 14-05-2019 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Look, he's a PR nightmare and isn't a popular driver, even here in the UK he's not as popular as he should be considering what him and his car have won. He only visits the UK on rare occasions to avoid paying tax.

So his PR team are trying hard to improve his image, hence the latest story.
    He has the biggest support at Silverstone by some distance and hugely popular in F1 around the World. Just the ysual keyboard hate mob in Britain that dont like him.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    He only visits the UK on rare occasions to avoid paying tax.
    Why does he need to come to Britain to avoud tax?

He lives in Monaco like many other F1 drivers. No one has a go at Jenson Button in the same way.

I put this post up as it highlighted what is a tragic story for such a young boy, Harry Shaw. How his parents are coping with what is inevitable, I cannot even begin to comprehend.

Bearing in mind the circumstances surrounding the story, I'm amazed that some on here think it's okay to turn it into a 'let's attack Hamilton' thread?

Is it not possible for once to leave bias thoughts out, to see the thread for what it's meant to be, a humanitarian story that has more than lifted this terminally ill young boys life. I despair I really do.

Don't think anyone has no sympathy for the young lad and his family Brin of course its a tragic story.

People should be embarrassed at the responses on here.
    To not be able to separate their own agendas to have a pop at a very moving gesture is why I very rarely post on here anymore.
    Pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Don't think anyone has no sympathy for the young lad and his family Brin of course its a tragic story.
    Others made bad points and you picked them up and ran with them.

Hamilton doesn't pay income tax in the UK, because he doesn't live here. It's as simple as that.

I feel one of your stalking sessions coming on which really isn't appropriate on this thread because it is obviously a sensitive issue. of course everyone on here feels this is a sad story.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    It was Bombadier jet and to avoid a £3.3m vat bill. But other than that everything you say is correct. Lol.

This is a way of reclaiming vat on business equipment bought outside the EU and imported into the EU zone. They set up an IoM company that buys the equipment for commercial use. The company claim full vat relief (in the same way, say, a plumber would on a van). They leases it out to Ham on a trip by trip basis. He pays tax for private use and gets tax relief if its for business use (ie travelling to race meets around the globe).

I think our UK Tax Office are investigating this as loophole on the basis its not a commercial venture as the company only has one client.
    Not a loophole at all, I work with multi-millionaires who all pay tax, Hamilton avoids tax big time. People die because there ain’t the money to operate because ****ers don’t pay tax,

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Not a loophole at all, I work with multi-millionaires who all pay tax, Hamilton avoids tax big time. People die because there ain’t the money to operate because ****ers don’t pay tax,
    I did not say the vat avoidance was a loophole.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast