+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who was right ?

Who was right ?

There were quite few on here last summer bemoaning the fact that we hadn't strengthened the first team, if you stand still at this level we said, you'll get left behind. Of course there were those who didn't agree, trust the board, the club knows what it's doing, stop moaning, we were told.

So what happened ? We dropped 8 places in the league, from 7th to 15th, I don't know without checking but I think that fall down the table must have cost us between £10m and £15m, and we went from 54 points to 40 points, a loss of 14 points. Quite dramatic falls, and if repeated next season we'll be down by Christmas and no mistake, so hopefully sense will prevail this time, and we'll see some serious recruitment taking place in summer.

Looks like Moaners 1 Happy Clappers 0 to me though.

I was right.

I always am.

Of course I may be wrong, but, it seems to me the Boards ambition stretches no further that attempting to stay in the Prem. and keep the cash on offer rolling in. As for contemplating spending any of that cash on improving the squad, well, that would be seen as cash rolling out.
    If you were a proffesional footballer, wanted by several other Prem. clubs, would you choose Burnley Football Club ?
    I would REALLY like to know where all the money has gone. I know that some of the money has beeen spent on improving the infrastructure of the club, but, surely not ALL of it ?

Quote Originally Posted by map View Post
    Of course I may be wrong, but, it seems to me the Boards ambition stretches no further that attempting to stay in the Prem. and keep the cash on offer rolling in. As for contemplating spending any of that cash on improving the squad, well, that would be seen as cash rolling out.
    If you were a proffesional footballer, wanted by several other Prem. clubs, would you choose Burnley Football Club ?
    I would REALLY like to know where all the money has gone. I know that some of the money has beeen spent on improving the infrastructure of the club, but, surely not ALL of it ?
    No not all,..We are apparently Closing in on Crouch, for another season
    We are chasing Cahill for free, with £50 Million coming in for Tarky. could be a maybe ??
    Think we are in for another fecking keeper,...at age 33 from Derby??

All the Money is going, in having meetings, and doing nowt!!

We have alway been a selling club.. Get rid whilst the price is right ..You know it makes sense..

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    I was right.

I always am.
    As always with you LibDems 59, a rather tenuous grip on reality.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    We have alway been a selling club.. Get rid whilst the price is right ..You know it makes sense..
    I relly hope that you are joking.....but, I fear not

Truth , Sinkov Burnley got away with one this year imo anyway.
    I’m one of the people you quoted above (fail to
    Prepare - prepare to fail ).
    I’m a realist with the money side though I don’t think we’re going to flirt with 7th place every year if we buy better players.
    Reality is we are a small club that is run well ( were told and I’m sure it’s correct tbh), however I do t think we’ll get away with not recruiting correctly for long as it will catch you out eventually a lot of premier league clubs get caught because they fail to get things in place in the summer and panicked at Xmas spending excessive fees for players to try and survive.
    So my thing is we have 4-6 weeks now to get this done and get new players bedded into our squad and also get rid of a few hangers on.

I think we have to accept that while Dyche is at the helm we will be workmanlike and rigid in structure to remain in this league,
    I wander if he was honest at Xmas if he thought how will we sort this out.
    I like Dyche and it’s hard to criticise him as with what he’s got he’s performed miracles, I’d be interested to see if we did introduce some flair and pace if he stifled it with shape and rigidity that has been successful for him up to press.

If VAR had have been in for this season and all instances were identified, and assuming we scored the resulting penalty we would have had an additional 12 points. If VAR had detected illegal positioning or use of hands/arms by the opposition we would have had 6 goals less scored against us with the resulting points.

Agreed matelot , but there will have been instances the opposite way as well where it could have gone against us.
    Next season that can’t happen anyway can it ?
    Well never get decisions because they don’t want us in this league we are a small club with realistic ambitions, really not what the premier league wants, it will only get harder as well because the teams who are coming up are generally cities and are more likely to spend the dosh than us.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)