+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 8 clues which suggest Rafa Benitez will stay on as Newcastle manager

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    Now bookies favourite to be Celtic´s next manager ahead of Lennon. Several clubs in China have enquired too.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    Logic and mass opinion don't mutually go together.
    Mass opinion can be borne out of a simple following of a narrative, not necessarily based on logic.

By my reckoning I don't see anything Rafa has done that many a manager couldn't have done at this club on the money Rafa's had.
    Many could easily fail but I don't see anything special. I really don't.
    Having said that, I also believe Rafa can do better with whatever money he gets this season, whether it's cash on the hip or cash generated by player sales, if he signs on, by adding to (clearly) the influx of players that have shown their quality this season.

In my absolute honest opinion I think far too much smoke has been blown firmly up his aris by too many pundits who seem to live on some kind of emotional historical adherence to him, as well as a fair few fans.

They hated his football (apparently) regardless of comments whilst at Liverpool.
    I generally hated his football but his football of late has been acceptable without being overly entertaining.

It all comes down to perception. Many fans will see him as negative. I think that goes for many footballers, too.
    One man's junk is another man's treasure, kind of thing.
    Not that I think Rafa is junk, but he's certainly not my treasure any more than Alan Pardew was or Chris Hughton.
    That's why I used Pardew as a yardstick against Rafa, because, pound for pound I'd say Pardew out flanks Rafa...for us (Newcastle United only), yet Pardew was crucified for all kinds of reasonings/excuses and Rafa gets (almost) a free ride to the point of messiah status and mild calls for freedom of the city, by some, to statue mentions by others. It beggars belief for me but I do understand it in a way, due to us not having anything or anyone to give us some kind of pedestal/status, which Rafa sort of artificially (in my mind) provides for them.

The Mackems will like or hate anything to do with newcastle depending on whether bad things happen or good things, just as Newcastle fans do with the Mackems...so using any of it as any yardstick, is pointless. It's simply par for the course.

I do like to think outside of the box. I sometimes play Devil's advocate. But the main thing for me is very simple. I have my own opinions based on how I see stuff and refuse to follow mass opinion if I genuinely believe something doesn't fit.
    I have absolutely no qualms about nodding to any post or any physical conversation if I believe it fits.

Mass opinion does not give correct answers as a legitimate rule, it simply mentally rubber stamps a perceived reality of something that appears to fit a story narrative which gains traction and becomes a truth to those masses, to the point where any minority thought on the potential alternatives to that story renders that minority as outcasts or merely drowned out by mass crowding/voice.
    Ffs...

Mass opinion doesn't necessarily mean it is right..of course. I don't choose what I think because others do...but...I don't plant my feet in the ground to go in the opposite direction every time...you do.

So in the end you actually have less of an opinion than anybody else. You've lost any credibility with this trait.

Quote Originally Posted by usedtobeshearer View Post
    Ffs...

Mass opinion doesn't necessarily mean it is right..of course. I don't choose what I think because others do...but...I don't plant my feet in the ground to go in the opposite direction every time...you do.

So in the end you actually have less of an opinion than anybody else. You've lost any credibility with this trait.
    I go in the direction in which my mindset takes me. I agree and disagree with many people on here.
    As for having credibility on a forum. I don't require it. You take what I say however you like...like anyone can. I ask for nothing other than fair opinion and the ability to air it.

My life will not change based on the word of a named poster on a forum who decides I have zero credibility.
    You choose to take part with me, however you wish...or not. That's about it as far as I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    I go in the direction in which my mindset takes me. I agree and disagree with many people on here.
    Why do you feel the need to write that? Apart from being blatantly obvious it applies to absolutely everybody .... and shows what you think of yourself.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)