+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Times Up

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    Who said that?? Until the ink is dry on the contract the club is still Hardy's. He's daft but surely not THAT daft.

We're due in court again soon for the unpaid tax. This is all sounding very familiar!!!
    It's standard practice, anything that will cause potential new owners extra cost in the future will be passed by them before it's implemented, especially after due diligence

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    It's standard practice, anything that will cause potential new owners extra cost in the future will be passed by them before it's implemented, especially after due diligence

'The deal is said to be in its advanced stages, so much so that the consortium must be informed of any plans to appoint new staff or other changes that would impact future finances'.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...-notts-2850911

Most of the speculation among fans at the minute stems from Hardy getting in front of a microphone seconds after we were relegated and announcing a time frame. I'm sure there would still have been concern if he'd not done it but I'm not sure we'd have reached the levels we're now at if he'd kept his mouth shut and not put a date on the whole thing. We've had more than our share of bad owners but I don't think we've ever had one who has so consistently shot himself in the foot.

Quote Originally Posted by LilCrazyKim View Post
    Most of the speculation among fans at the minute stems from Hardy getting in front of a microphone seconds after we were relegated and announcing a time frame. I'm sure there would still have been concern if he'd not done it but I'm not sure we'd have reached the levels we're now at if he'd kept his mouth shut and not put a date on the whole thing. We've had more than our share of bad owners but I don't think we've ever had one who has so consistently shot himself in the foot.
    He's pretty much turned out to be a Trew clone to be fair. Took over in dire straights, started with a bit of success and suffered a relegation and again in dire financial circumstances and putting out time lines that just weren't met

He's pretty much turned out to be a Trew clone to be fair. Took over in dire straights, started with a bit of success and suffered a relegation and again in dire financial circumstances and putting out time lines that just weren't met

Little bit different, well worse actually. I think Ray had the bunce to carry on financing the club but didn't want to. Hardy hasn't.

It could be that things are being held up until after the play offs, because at that point, no-one (like Macc) can suffer a points deduction that will apply to this season and thus relegate them, according to the EFL rules. The chance of it happening is very remote anyway, but if straws are there, Hardy will clutch at them. The difference to him could be £millions.

On the other hand, he could be a deluded fantasist who has not sold the club at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    It could be that things are being held up until after the play offs, because at that point, no-one (like Macc) can suffer a points deduction that will apply to this season and thus relegate them, according to the EFL rules. The chance of it happening is very remote anyway, but if straws are there, Hardy will clutch at them. The difference to him could be £millions.

On the other hand, he could be a deluded fantasist who has not sold the club at all.
    The only club that will potentially be a life line now is Bury as they are in court tomorrow, that would need them to be wound up tomorrow and as we've seen with Bolton, the courts are very willing to give football clubs time to sort things out so very unlikely that they'll go through tomorrow so therefore they should get on with it. I'm hoping the group was clever and said if Notts finish in the relegation zone, that way, this wouldn't be an issue

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post

My money is on your last sentence Bohinen. I don't believe there is a buyer.

Quote Originally Posted by McCullochisGod View Post
    My money is on your last sentence Bohinen. I don't believe there is a buyer.
    So Terry Pritchard just turned up for the crack of it? There are buyers

So Terry Pritchard just turned up for the crack of it? There are buyers
    Did YOU see him there?

Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast