+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 20 of 40 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Times Up

So true, but hey, this is the fun part where we get to be optimistic - you know, before everything goes horribly wrong.

That sounds familiar! But this is Notts. So often this season the best bit has been (often on here) before the match actually starts and "everything goes horribly wrong"...
    We'll have to wait and see on HUGE things like ML and the full plans etc, but with so many clubs facing the beak and/or the axe this year, some kind of financial stability is more important than ever these days outside the Plastic League.
    If Notts are one of the clubs that don't have to look over their shoulder every bloody year on the money/stability front, I'll take that.
    Just want us to survive!

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    Because it shows a lack of ambition / hope.
    Exactly this. Our stadium is pretty much the only remaining reminder that we haven't always been ****, and we actually have the potential to not be **** if we just get our act together. Downgrading to a 10k lego stadium is like admitting that the good times will never return.

10k simply wouldn't be big enough. I know we're a non-league side, but if the owners have any kind of ambition, we shouldn't be aiming to hang around there too long. While I doubt we'll ever be a Championship club again (not without a huge amount of investment, anyway), being a decent L1 club should be within the realms of possibility. If we were competing in the top half of L1, with decent ticket prices and the odd deal here and there (like the last two seasons), there's no reason why we couldn't average 10k. Then there are the big games - local derbies, cup ties, playoffs - where we'd get closer to 20k than 10k.

I would say anything less than 15k would be a huge mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Exactly this. Our stadium is pretty much the only remaining reminder that we haven't always been ****, and we actually have the potential to not be **** if we just get our act together. Downgrading to a 10k lego stadium is like admitting that the good times will never return.

10k simply wouldn't be big enough. I know we're a non-league side, but if the owners have any kind of ambition, we shouldn't be aiming to hang around there too long.
    Absolutely right.
    This shouldn't even be a topic of conversation when there's no news at all about this.

Would anyone like to speculate, how much speculation there is going to be today.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunce View Post
    Would anyone like to speculate, how much speculation there is going to be today.
    I'll kick off with speculation....did the NEP article mean today or next Friday for the takeover to be finalised? I think next Thursday.

I'd like to speculate on why I am puzzled about stuff I'm wondering about.

Hardy has openly admitted that Notts' demise was "all my fault", so:

A. Why would anyone want keep him on as chairman?
    B. What would be the duties of a failed chairman if we had a Director of Football?

Speculative answers to:

A. Prospective owners haven't got a clue of how to run a football club, nor has Hardy but he means well.
    B. To keep things ticking over nicely till the DoF gets into the swing of things.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    I'd like to speculate on why I am puzzled about stuff I'm wondering about.

Hardy has openly admitted that Notts' demise was "all my fault", so:

A. Why would anyone want keep him on as chairman?
    B. What would be the duties of a failed chairman if we had a Director of Football?

Speculative answers to:

A. Prospective owners haven't got a clue of how to run a football club, nor has Hardy but he means well.
    B. To keep things ticking over nicely till the DoF gets into the swing of things.
    A. For the business side. He won't make the same mistakes twice - his ego couldn't handle it. To be fair he did a good job when he kept his nose out of the football side.
    B. DoF to run the football side - keep Hardy away from that.

It seems the Alex May consortium wants him to stay on, probably to keep screwing us over. They haven't got the funding to run Chesterfield, never mind Notts. Also some nasty rumours of who is also part of that group as well, let's just say STAG might be reformed for the exact same purpose as the first time!

Whilst I only know rumour, I'm much happier with the South African group taking over, even if it takes a few more days

Quote Originally Posted by theory_extinct View Post
    I'll kick off with speculation....did the NEP article mean today or next Friday for the takeover to be finalised? I think next Thursday.

I read it as the actual deal, (for Al to sign or not), will be with him sometime today. (Tho I'd heard it was already on his desk). Is that in effect finalising the deal?

From yesterday's Post: 'After receiving documentation they had asked for from the club last week, the final details of their deal are being put together by their lawyers.

It is expected to be with chairman Alan Hardy before the close of play on Friday'.

And that the S/A's were flying in next week to do some much needed sorting out.

The investors behind the South African consortium trying to seal a takeover of Notts County are due to fly into London next week.

'It is understood they are set to discuss their plans for the Magpies next season, which includes the manager Neal Ardley, the playing budget and options regarding a new training ground'.

Surely the S/A's are gonna want someone at this end to run the ship on a day to day basis?

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    I read it as the actual deal, (for Al to sign or not), will be with him sometime today. (Tho I'd heard it was already on his desk). Is that in effect finalising the deal?

From yesterday's Post: 'After receiving documentation they had asked for from the club last week, the final details of their deal are being put together by their lawyers.

It is expected to be with chairman Alan Hardy before the close of play on Friday'.

And that the S/A's were flying in next week to do some much needed sorting out.

The investors behind the South African consortium trying to seal a takeover of Notts County are due to fly into London next week.

'It is understood they are set to discuss their plans for the Magpies next season, which includes the manager Neal Ardley, the playing budget and options regarding a new training ground'.

Surely the S/A's are gonna want someone at this end to run the ship on a day to day basis?
    That's how I read it. However, you never know how sloppy the writing has been on the article. Now, reading back over that article, the deal will be on AH's desk - doesn't mean he will finalise it. He'd probably want his solicitor to take a look too. Maybe see if the other consortium can match/better it? That could take some time.

Page 20 of 40 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast