+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Times Up

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    I'll be ****ing livid if that's true. That ground is our home, and it gives us the potential to strive for better things. We'll probably end up in a 10k replica of every other ****ty new lower-league ground.

Why go through all the bother though? As others have said many times, surely there's more valuable land elsewhere that doesn't require them to demolish the historic home of a football club.
    Id like to see one piece of evidence that the new ground has given us potential to strive for better things. Any analysis of our home form since the rebuild would give contrary evidence.

Yes - I can't escape the impression that someone's googled 'rich South Africans' and plucked those names from the results. Also - while I'm well aware the City Council have been keen to redevelop the riverside for years - would they hand over the project to people who've apparently just appeared on the scene?

As I said, I found it interesting. I didn't say it was true!!!

Hardy has 3 options.
    1 South African consortium which will be good if we want to be ambitious but may take time to complete. (can Hardy wait?)
    2 Alex May consortium which seems risky regarding asset stripping.
    3 Smurthwaite who already has a couple of fingers in the pie but is more of the same.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    I'll be ****ing livid if that's true. That ground is our home, and it gives us the potential to strive for better things. We'll probably end up in a 10k replica of every other ****ty new lower-league ground.

Why go through all the bother though? As others have said many times, surely there's more valuable land elsewhere that doesn't require them to demolish the historic home of a football club.
    Likewise, Meadow Lane is our home and that is where all our memories are of this great club.

Quote Originally Posted by LilCrazyKim View Post
    Yes - I can't escape the impression that someone's googled 'rich South Africans' and plucked those names from the results. Also - while I'm well aware the City Council have been keen to redevelop the riverside for years - would they hand over the project to people who've apparently just appeared on the scene?
    All sounds "Pie" in the sky to me.

Is the ground/land really worth that much to super rich property developers?

Ground share with Ilkeston?

Hardy remains as Chairman?

Quote Originally Posted by LilCrazyKim View Post
    It all fits in a way.

Hardy seen at Loxley House.
    South African consortium.
    Takeover taking longer than expected.

Orrrr, someone has a fertile imagination. Who the fluck knows, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by mark45 View Post
    Looks like it has come from this guy.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    That tweet seems to be deleted now. Its a bizarre feed. Its out of the xxxxxxxxxxxxxx but has some close to home ( for locals) content. Whoever owns that feed seems to be either fairly wealthy or a complete spam con **** head to me I cant decide which.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 16-05-2019 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    That tweet seems to be deleted now. Its a bizarre feed. Its out of the Philippines but has some close to home ( for locals) content. Whoever owns that feed seems to be either fairly wealthy or a complete spam con **** head to me I cant decide which.
    I could be very wrong, but isn't that XXXXXXXX? He was very on the ball around the Munto season, if it's the case, he's either gone made or we are being taken over by two very rich South Africans, what they want from Notts I do not know
    Last edited by SwalePie; 15-05-2019 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    That tweet seems to be deleted now. Its a bizarre feed. Its out of the xxxxxxxxxxx but has some close to home ( for locals) content. Whoever owns that feed seems to be either fairly wealthy or a complete spam con **** head to me I cant decide which.
    A respected Notts fan of many years' standing and a former poster on here or our former home on Rivals IIRC. No idea if the rumour has credibility whatsoever, but the person is genuine
    Last edited by SwalePie; 16-05-2019 at 10:55 AM.

Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast