+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bid on its way

My opinion is that any money Rotherham make on player sales will go has make up money for the difference between championship and league one

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    I don't want to get all factual on this but this is what we know or have been told.

£1m each year goes to pay the martgage on the stadium
    First team players or on £7k per week x 52 = £364k pa and we have 26 players in the first team squad.
    24 x 364 = £8.736m.
    Then there's the manager and staff who'll be paid a deal near to the players.
    There is the policing to pay.
    There are the stewards to pay.
    There are other staff to pay.
    I don't suppose the club pays anything for the training ground.

I've just spent at least £10m on the basics!

Not a happy clapper by the way
    This is what fans don’t get, they just expect any money we may get go to a player/s

Tip for the club : don’t sign Towell then go and get two players with that money you will have saved, two for the price of one
    Imo we got a good player in Crooks who I’m guessing was cheaper than Towell so it can be done.

Infrastructure.
    Last edited by millertop; 15-05-2019 at 07:20 AM.

£7K a week as an average for our players seems very high.
    Were any of our players anywhere near that?

I did read a press report last season suggesting 7K but perhaps that was staff costs of the whole club including all the players, backroom staff, admin, management

I don't want to get all factual on this but this is what we know or have been told.

First team players or on £7k per week x 52 = £364k pa and we have 26 players in the first team squad.
    24 x 364 = £8.736m.

You forgot the increase of National Insurance Contributions and HMRC...
    Originally the training ground was leased from Tata Steel, I would be surprised if they were using it for free.
    You also forgot about loans that TS has made to the club, it's debt and has to be repaid at some stage.
    Last edited by CASPER-64-FRANK; 15-05-2019 at 07:26 AM.

24 x 364 = £8.736m.

I kind of agree with you that the money isn't all available for bringing in players but there is no way we have 24 players on 7k a week. I believe someone like Jones might be on that kind of money but the majority were still on league 1 contracts of probably half that.

You are also not including other income. Gate receipts 9,000 x £20 x 25 games = £4.5 million.
    Plus sponsorship (not including the money from ASD).

We should be in good shape this time in League 1, because we don't have players on 7k a week to pay. No Blackstock to pay off and players to sell for actual money, who still have time left on their contracts. If we sell a couple and buy 3 or 4 with some of that money the model starts to work.

Here's an idea, why don't we wait and see what happens , the season finished about 5 minutes ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    Here's an idea, why don't we wait and see what happens , the season finished about 5 minutes ago.
    Yes, lets not panic moaning until the new season is just 5 minutes away and we still haven't signed anyone.

We will end up on a last minute push to get some one in, after other teams have hand picked
    players who have been released by other clubs, surely players we need should have been looked
    at during this last relegation season.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    We will end up on a last minute push to get some one in, after other teams have hand picked
    players who have been released by other clubs, surely players we need should have been looked
    at during this last relegation season.
    How do you know they haven’t Eric.
    Rob Scott has been here approximately 6 weeks...I hope he’s not been sat on his @rse doing nothing all the time.
    It all depends whether you believe Paul Warne or whether you think it’s a smokescreen. He wants the squad sorted for the tour of Germany.
    What he wants and what he gets could be totally different.
    Undisclosed fees are the norm these days not just at RUFC.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    £7K a week as an average for our players seems very high.
    Were any of our players anywhere near that?

I did read a press report last season suggesting 7K but perhaps that was staff costs of the whole club including all the players, backroom staff, admin, management
    Three months ago I read an article of a breakdown of the accounts. In it was a wage bill of £6.3M for that awful season in the Championship. On dropping down to League 1 the wage bill dropped 25% compared to the Championship.
    frogs estimate may be a little out and players are on different wage structures to each other. £7k seems a bit ott.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast