+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bid on its way

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLeedsMiller View Post
    I kind of agree with you that the money isn't all available for bringing in players but there is no way we have 24 players on 7k a week. I believe someone like Jones might be on that kind of money but the majority were still on league 1 contracts of probably half that.

You are also not including other income. Gate receipts 9,000 x £20 x 25 games = £4.5 million.
    Plus sponsorship (not including the money from ASD).

We should be in good shape this time in League 1, because we don't have players on 7k a week to pay. No Blackstock to pay off and players to sell for actual money, who still have time left on their contracts. If we sell a couple and buy 3 or 4 with some of that money the model starts to work.
    We're in good shape really for the quantity of support we're getting, the sponsorship and the TV money. It all goes out though and some but what you say in your last sentence is what the club is aiming for.

Once that model starts to work we will see better players wearing that red and white and taking the club on.

Still there are and will always be unanswered questions which will allow supporters to question where we're at.

It's not just to do with money though is it. I would think the insistence of getting good guys rules out an awful lot of players. Players wages is also a stumbling block even in this league. I would be surprised if we sign any more than a few loaners and a couple of untried permos. We will also take a gamble on a crock or two who are trying to get back up to speed. All this waint happen quickly and there is no way warne will have his squad in place before Germany. Prepare for a long summer of waiting guys.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLeedsMiller View Post
    I kind of agree with you that the money isn't all available for bringing in players but there is no way we have 24 players on 7k a week. I believe someone like Jones might be on that kind of money but the majority were still on league 1 contracts of probably half that.

You are also not including other income. Gate receipts 9,000 x £20 x 25 games = £4.5 million.
    Plus sponsorship (not including the money from ASD).

We should be in good shape this time in League 1, because we don't have players on 7k a week to pay. No Blackstock to pay off and players to sell for actual money, who still have time left on their contracts. If we sell a couple and buy 3 or 4 with some of that money the model starts to work.
    The gate income is nowhere near the figure you gave sorry. The average paid per entrant given concessions and season tickets is closer to £15 and you need to take off VAT, the football league levy as well as commission to the opponents on selling their tickets.

The playing budget includes wages, transfer fees, signing on fees, agent fees, coaches wages and all other costs associated with the playing squad which include travel costs, medical bills and insurance. For 2018/19 that figure will exceed £7m.

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    Here's an idea, why don't we wait and see what happens , the season finished about 5 minutes ago.
    TLC, when the club openly post ''Warne's budget will, inevitably, be less than it was in the second tier, 'but' could be boosted by the proceeds of player sales'', then it's bound to invoke a reaction as we all know next to nothing was spent last season.

You're suggestion to wait and see what happens doesn't wash with me or many other fans. The club should double check their statements and realise their content, before releasing facts, that will only upset the paying fan.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    I don't want to get all factual on this but this is what we know or have been told.

£1m each year goes to pay the martgage on the stadium
    First team players or on £7k per week x 52 = £364k pa and we have 26 players in the first team squad.
    24 x 364 = £8.736m.
    Then there's the manager and staff who'll be paid a deal near to the players.
    There is the policing to pay.
    There are the stewards to pay.
    There are other staff to pay.
    I don't suppose the club pays anything for the training ground.

I've just spent at least £10m on the basics!

Not a happy clapper by the way
    Frog, you're way out with your figures. I could name you a first team player who went from £500 to £1,500 a week and he is 'still' on £1,500 a week. Jones is the highest but not on £7,000. Your £10,000,000 is way over and doesn't add up, soz pal but you must try harder.

People are also quick to forget the payouts to the likes of Evans, Redfearn, Stubbs, Blackstock, Evans' discarded players, the cost of hiring Warnock to do the job and the costs of redeveloping the traing ground facilities, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by aussiemiller View Post
    People are also quick to forget the payouts to the likes of Evans, Redfearn, Stubbs, Blackstock, Evans' discarded players, the cost of hiring Warnock to do the job and the costs of redeveloping the traing ground facilities, etc.
    We don’t pay redfearn Evans or Stubbs no more, it only lasts up to end of their contract and if they get a job it stops then, in Evans case it stoped when he joined Leeds

Also jacket 🥔 and Evans 🥧 who left on their own are not entitled to a pay out
    Last edited by Silly-miller; 15-05-2019 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    We don’t pay redfearn Evans or Stubbs no more, it only lasts up to end of their contract and if they get a job it stops then, in Evans case it stoped when he joined Leeds

Also jacket 🥔 and Evans 🥧 who left on their own are not entitled to a pay out
    Still money paid out to some out of all this supposed cash we got. Blackstock would have cost a bomb and stubbs was unemployed 6 to 12 months from memory. As far as contracts go only the club and people concerned really know. Anything else is heresay. Suffice to say plenty went out because of some bad decisions by various parties. While we might not pay them anymore it was still money that had to be found.

Quote Originally Posted by aussiemiller View Post
    Still money paid out to some out of all this supposed cash we got. Blackstock would have cost a bomb and stubbs was unemployed 6 to 12 months from memory. As far as contracts go only the club and people concerned really know. Anything else is heresay. Suffice to say plenty went out because of some bad decisions by various parties. While we might not pay them anymore it was still money that had to be found.
    Of course it came out of a previous budget I’m not denying that but you made it sound like we have to pay them still when all of them were paid up while we was in league 1 or before. The last one being Stubbs who joined st mirren in 2018. It shouldn’t have effected us this season. Yet the only bought player was crooks.

I for one just want to know are we saving money up? Because everything has been trimmed down big money players left us when we got relegated last time so you would think the clubs made money.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Frog, you're way out with your figures. I could name you a first team player who went from £500 to £1,500 a week and he is 'still' on £1,500 a week. Jones is the highest but not on £7,000. Your £10,000,000 is way over and doesn't add up, soz pal but you must try harder.
    I wish that I was as trying as you

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast