+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Bid on its way

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    TLC, when the club openly post ''Warne's budget will, inevitably, be less than it was in the second tier, 'but' could be boosted by the proceeds of player sales'', then it's bound to invoke a reaction as we all know next to nothing was spent last season.

You're suggestion to wait and see what happens doesn't wash with me or many other fans. The club should double check their statements and realise their content, before releasing facts, that will only upset the paying fan.
    Why are you upset ?
    As you say the club are telling us facts, surely that's better than lies.
    I'd start a protest if I were you.

As to where the £7 million went: I don't think we've even had it yet. If I recall correctly it's paid after the season ends. So this season we've had the L1 money, which is nowhere near £7 million. When we get the 7 mill some may be available for Warney (after covering some of our annual losses and the shortfall in income over expenditure)
    Those who ask where the money has gone - where do you think it goes? Our accounts show losses and debts and a dependency on TS to support the club with sponsorship and loans. Do people think he is fiddling the books to squirrel away the odd few million?

When were in the championship we never spend much on transfer fees so we can pay more in wages. That way it should attract a better player. Ajayi, Robertson, Jones ect.
    Plus imo we have gone from flitting between league 2 and 1 to now flitting between League 1 and champ.
    Small steps with the cash we have.

If we needed 7 players to make a squad but let's say spend 2 million on 3 players and can't afford the other 4 players. Would that make a few happy.

I find it very strange when some folk say TS has done a great job and were lucky to have him And PW is a good fit for Rotherham. He will probably go on to manage a "Norwich" for example
    Then moan about TS/PW not doing this! Or Not doing that!

Btw I'm not aiming this post at individual posters on this thread. Twitter/Facebook/in the ground. You hear it everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Frog, you're way out with your figures. I could name you a first team player who went from £500 to £1,500 a week and he is 'still' on £1,500 a week. Jones is the highest but not on £7,000. Your £10,000,000 is way over and doesn't add up, soz pal but you must try harder.
    He is closer than you think Brin. The basic wages of most of the first team squad is 250k-325k pa and that figure is before bonuses. Add all the extra playing costs I listed earlier, insurance, travel etc and the playing budget will be between 7m and 8m, maybe more.

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    We don’t pay redfearn Evans or Stubbs no more, it only lasts up to end of their contract and if they get a job it stops then, in Evans case it stoped when he joined Leeds

Also jacket 🥔 and Evans 🥧 who left on their own are not entitled to a pay out
    Evans didn’t leave of his own accord. The truth may come out one day but it won’t be from him.
    His contract was paid up.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    Evans didn’t leave of his own accord. The truth may come out one day but it won’t be from him.
    He left for Leeds United

Managers don’t have contracts to pay up they get money up to their contract (like a redundant pay) when they get a new job they stop getting paid from the club they got sack from and get paid from the new club. Leaving by mutual consent I’m not sure but he would have got f all from us after he joined Leeds. It’s the reason why a lot of managers when they get sack don’t do anything for a year or two, a good example of this is Mourinho. He got sack from Man U and Is still getting paid even though he’s no longer with them. If he gets a new job he is no longer entitled to anything from Man U so he won’t take a new job because he wouldn’t be paid as much, moyes was same as soon as he had his final payment he got a new job.

However the reason why managers move to clubs after leaving us is because we pay in peanuts 🥜

So hurray for peanuts 🥜

I thought this was common knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    You’re wasting your time matey,
    Be careful “ loose 👄 lips cost lives “.😂😂

Evans probably signed a non disclosure agreement, ie he got a hand out on the understanding that he agreed to certain things. These can include not commenting on the nature of his leaving. Also there might have been a restriction on not working in the same type of job for a “competitor” within a certain time. The club would have been similarly bound not to disclose.

So you’ll never know what happened

Quote Originally Posted by tony260674 View Post
    He is closer than you think Brin. The basic wages of most of the first team squad is 250k-325k pa and that figure is before bonuses. Add all the extra playing costs I listed earlier, insurance, travel etc and the playing budget will be between 7m and 8m, maybe more.
    Thank god there weren’t many win bonuses paid out 😄😄😄😄

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    Why are you upset ?
    As you say the club are telling us facts, surely that's better than lies.
    I'd start a protest if I were you.
    Upset??? I wouldn’t go as far to say that. I’ll reserve judgement until I see the new team line up 😉

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast