+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bid on its way

Bid on its way

Trouble is that we don't have anyone on the board of directors who are knowledgeable about
    football, so how do the club set a price on a player, in the past Rotherham have not got a true
    value on a player when sold, but then most of the time at the club, the money we get for a
    player is not released to the paying fans.
    In the past the club under the Purshouse family let the fans & the media know what the club
    got for a player, but now the money coming in to the coffers for players is a close secret at
    the club.

After Warne’s Irish trip the new signing is likely to be two crates of Guinness

'Warne's budget will, inevitably, be less than it was in the second tier, 'but' could be boosted by the proceeds of player sales'

What a load of tosh....we spent feck all last season apart from the acquisition of Crooks, which was an 'undisclosed fee' so, expect ferk all to spent close season. Where did the £7,000,000 go from the EFL on recruitment? Players wages did not reach £4,000,000 so where did the rest go?

5 loans again and no attempt to mount a substantial challenge for promotion....that will be our story. Go on Mr Stewart prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    'Warne's budget will, inevitably, be less than it was in the second tier, 'but' could be boosted by the proceeds of player sales'

What a load of tosh....we spent feck all last season apart from the acquisition of Crooks, which was an 'undisclosed fee' so, expect ferk all to spent close season. Where did the £7,000,000 go from the EFL on recruitment? Players wages did not reach £4,000,000 so where did the rest go?

5 loans again and no attempt to mount a substantial challenge for promotion....that will be our story. Go on Mr Stewart prove me wrong.
    As far as I’d like to tell you have faith and all that I can’t 😂

The fact of the matter is in the last 2 years we have sold Danny ward and fisher and got 7 mil for going up again, yet proctor Palmer smith and crooks are the only players we spent money on and I seriously doubt we even spent all the Danny ward money on them never mind fisher and the promotion money.

I’m not expecting any player we bring in to cost more than a burger from the burger van.

What does it say about the relationship between Paul Warne and TS when Stubbs and Evans got money to spend but warne hasn’t?

And it makes me wonder if someone’s pocketing the cash or we are saving it up bit by bit for something.

Not looking good at this stage is it Brin?

But I’m sure the happy clappers will provide an alternative view.

Don't want to be a happy clapper but if we get god money for the player we are in a good position to mount a title bid 3 or 4 million can buy a help of a lot in this league and strengthen for another shot at the champ the year after......

I have had a lot of coffee . Try to take that with a pinch of salt

Quote Originally Posted by PokerMillersSwinton View Post
    Don't want to be a happy clapper but if we get god money for the player we are in a good position to mount a title bid 3 or 4 million can buy a help of a lot in this league and strengthen for another shot at the champ the year after......

I have had a lot of coffee . Try to take that with a pinch of salt
    Agree entirely with that.

But we’ve a bad track record for actually landing the fish.

Remember last season when PW said he had 7 targets, one week later it was 5, quickly it became 2 and we ended up with Crookes?

A lot of fans will not be conned again this year and many have been asking the same question "where has the money gone?".We should have THE best budget in league one,because the unspent funds are there and if we sell a couple of the players, wisely at the proper value, this should give our new recruitment director a major advantage bringing players in for the promotion push.No more undisclosed fees which arouse suspicion amongst fans.Let's have a proper plan and get this club back on track and it has got to start with a much more ambitious stand, shown by the chairman.

I don't want to get all factual on this but this is what we know or have been told.

£1m each year goes to pay the martgage on the stadium
    First team players or on £7k per week x 52 = £364k pa and we have 26 players in the first team squad.
    24 x 364 = £8.736m.
    Then there's the manager and staff who'll be paid a deal near to the players.
    There is the policing to pay.
    There are the stewards to pay.
    There are other staff to pay.
    I don't suppose the club pays anything for the training ground.

I've just spent at least £10m on the basics!

Not a happy clapper by the way

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast