+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Flitcroft

All of a sudden a lot of Notts fans seem to think they are experts on everything Mansfield. Perhaps we should wait to hear from our man with his ear close to the ground, StagsManStan. On second thoughts...............

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Yep:

Academy manager John Dempster has been appointed as first team manager and will be responsible for all of the club’s football operations.

In a statement, chairman John Radford said: “It is with a heavy heart that we part company with David and his staff, however, the decision has been made with the best interests of Mansfield Town Football Club in mind.

“Despite a season of progress, we were unable to fulfil our primary objective of earning promotion to League One, despite having a number of games to achieve this ambition.

“We thank David and his staff for their tireless endeavours and part ways amicably. David and his staff have been highly professional throughout their tenures and we wish them genuine success in the future.”

Commenting on the new appointment of John Dempster as manager, Mr Radford said: “In John, we have a man who is considered to be one of the brightest and most innovative young coaches in football.
    Jamie Fullerton?

I was in the wrong thinking Flitcroft was safe. I was upset that he went personally. As far as cost saving goes, it might be part of the rationale bit getting rid of our loanees alone will save the club a fortune, Walker and Grant etc. Most people I know are underwhelmed by the appointment of the academy boss who was not even aware the manager was getting sacked til he was offered the job.

He's unknown. It's a gamble, for sure but all appointments are. He will have the benefit of having the same squad as this season, just a case of getting the most out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by StagManStan View Post
    I was in the wrong thinking Flitcroft was safe. I was upset that he went personally. As far as cost saving goes, it might be part of the rationale bit getting rid of our loanees alone will save the club a fortune, Walker and Grant etc. Most people I know are underwhelmed by the appointment of the academy boss who was not even aware the manager was getting sacked til he was offered the job.

He's unknown. It's a gamble, for sure but all appointments are. He will have the benefit of having the same squad as this season, just a case of getting the most out of them.
    What went wrong at the tail end of the season? You stuffed Exeter 4-1 and then the wheels seemed to fall off - pressure? Injuries? January signings not delivering? (Grant seemed to fall out of favour quite quickly, for example, and Ajose didn’t seem to get much game time, either.)

Must admit, I always used to like hearing Flitcroft after games - seemed like an honest, straight-talking bloke who tried to play decent football.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Can only be a cost cutting exercise. How else can you explain it? Next thing will be an accidental photo of Carolyn with a dildo and then the club will be up for sale.
    That would certainly put the Radfords on the G-spot.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post

Must admit, I always used to like hearing Flitcroft after games - seemed like an honest, straight-talking bloke who tried to play decent football.
    I thought that way too until early springtime when he started channeling Philosophy For Beginners in his interviews which made Keith Curle sound lucid.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    I thought that way too until early springtime when he started channeling Philosophy For Beginners in his interviews which made Keith Curle sound lucid.
    Not to mention his rather pathetic 'Jorge Grant needs protecting!' comments before the derby in Feb.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Not to mention his rather pathetic 'Jorge Grant needs protecting!' comments before the derby in Feb.
    Made me larf too, that one. Did he expect the referee to keep an eye on baby-face-with-a-beard all game? And if I remember proper didn't our Jorgie sneak one or two kicks on an opposition ankle when he was with us?

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Made me larf too, that one. Did he expect the referee to keep an eye on baby-face-with-a-beard all game? And if I remember proper didn't our Jorgie sneak one or two kicks on an opposition ankle when he was with us?
    Strange, eh? It's like admitting before a local derby thar you've got a lightweight in midfield. Bless.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345