+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Pre-Silly Season - Player sales

Pre-Silly Season - Player sales

Righto bonny lads n lasses, we're gan into the silly season where every Fleet Street ejut will be linking every man and his dog to wor club doin everyone's heeds in.

I'd like to steal the march and start a thread of players we should move on.

My reason for suggesting this lot bid fair well is either to generate cash, their Sh!te or want away. This doesn't include the loan signing.

This is pure speculation obviously and based on the understanding that Rafa signs a contract extension. Also presuming Fatty is still stinking up the board room with piles of dried vomit in the fireplace.

Elliot - £2m
    Darlow - £2m
    Clark - £3m
    Lazaar - £2m
    Haden - £18m
    Colback - £2m (can't believe this clown is still on the books)
    Diame - £0
    Shelvey - £18m
    Richie - £18m
    Arrons - £4m
    Saivet - £2m (see Colback comment)
    Joselu - £5 (a fiver not million)
    Gayle - £18m

Total = £89,000,005

I'm sure I've missed someone lads so please add to the list.

With Rafa in place I don't think Perez will leave and possibly Haden can be talked into staying after a brilliant 2nd half of the season.

However that's still about 13 players out we need to replace, add to that possibly not signing Rondon and Kenedy (no great loss) we'll be looking for 15 signing.

It is unheard of to sign 15 players and the bedding the players in will determine if Rafa get's his way ( which I'm optimistic he will ) signing will be made early.

So if the £50m war chest (hate that stupid phrase) gives us about £140million to spend.

If anyone can do it, Rafa can.

Ganzies off lads it's summa, enjoy ya holidees.

Forgot Jacob Murphy who would possibly bring in another £15m plus the £11m left over from last window's transfer pot.

So we could be looking at about £165m available to rebuild.

Here's hoping we can get in 5 mint first teamers and ten young ambitious quality players to add to the squad.

Cheers all

No point selling anybody.The money wont be re-invested.

Fatty has already got his hands rubbed raw excited at the prospect of all of the incoming transfer money pouring into Mash Holdings.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    Fatty has already got his hands rubbed raw excited at the prospect of all of the incoming transfer money pouring into Mash Holdings.
    So your point is that we will ship out 15 players and sign no one?

Howay man as much as I respect we have to be realistic and fatso will probably trouser another £30m to waste on buying Kwiksave etc we will bring players in otherwise Rafa won't stay.

As I mentioned in the comment, this is based in alternative reality where we're actually a semi-functional club run by mediocre people of average intelligence rather than the current mob of weapons grade d!ckheads.

Let's just play a bit of fantasy football for a minute whilst we have a little optimism after finishing the season on a high eh?

Not like it will hurt lads and might actually turn up a few laughs.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)