+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: John Robertson

John Robertson

Usually fair bit not tonight, playing the hard done by card, and the pressure is on united card, that on the back of moaning about the playoffs when they knew the setup in advance and are fortunate to even be getting an opportunity to go up finishing 3rd, just as we were previous seasons

Really hope we put in a proper hardworking battling performance on Friday, play the game like its 0-0 and make sure he isn't running onto our pitch celebrating again

His thoughts regarding McMullan were very bitter,he wanted him sent off for a dive and celebrating his goal!.

He was moaning abt mcmullen celebrating but that fat wee pr1ck was in the centre circle at tannadice for the cup game.

Quote Originally Posted by arab81 View Post
    He was moaning abt mcmullen celebrating but that fat wee pr1ck was in the centre circle at tannadice for the cup game.
    😂 absolutely. No way we an underestimate them on Friday though. First goal going to be crucial

True but let's not overestimate them either, even if they get the first goal we can still go on and beat them, both on the night or overall

To be fair I quite like Robbo as he always stands up to the establishment and isn't a bad coach to boot. However he was totally wrong in his ramblings that the officials were one sided. McKay to yellow card fouls all day long, when you look at Booths booking, Donaldson arguably a red. I thought Connolly made the most of his 'toe in the p*s, but I have seen Utd players get sent off for high boot, even when their back was turned on the opponent i.e. Overhead kick.

Having now watched it again, I have no idea what he's complaining about that was a definite red card. Maybe I'm giving him too much credit but perhaps he's deliberately trying to create a 'them and us' situation to motivate his players?

Or trying to sway officials to lean towards them for 2nd leg with a 'hard done' routine?

I estimated last night that it took 13 mins for us to get a free kick v ump**** for them, 2/3 which was for offside. As far as McMullen celebration goes .. big fkn deal!

normally like Robertson but hes way off the mark with his comments imo which made him sound very bitter.

before the game, he was complaining about everything and getting every excuse in including amount of matches, lack of squad, uniteds budget etc. the media jumping on it aswell showing how much of an "injustice" it is for ICT.

his comments after the game were a disgrace.
    the red card?
    Butcher was sent off for a similar challenge v st mirren in cup and its not ok to just boot a boy in the head. Liam polworth isnt that sort of player? who cares he still endangers the united player. that whole argument of hes not that sort of player is irrelevant
    mcmullan to get booked for celebration?
    he didnt even go over the advertisement boarding fs.
    no mention of Donaldsons shocking tackle on Pawlett? but will bring up jordan white has "been in the wars"

he needs to get a grip imo. yeah he isnt happy with red card but wanting mcmullan sent off and suggesting we were the dirty team is poor from him. how that trafford didnt get booked ill never know. booth got booked for his first tackle haha

laughable stuff.

hope hes even sicker come friday.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)