+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pre-Silly Season - Player in

Pre-Silly Season - Player in

Following on from my 'Player sales' thread and the possiblity of requiring 15 players who does everyone like the look of.

All this is pure speculation with the status quo in place. Also not considering a Qatari take over and the coffers being swelled.

We've been linked with several players recently of better quality however as proven with Fabulous Schar Rafa will pull some rabbits from the hat.

Who I'd like to see us sign:

Rondon - px for Gayle + £3m
    Abrahams - £25m
    Bakayoko - £28m

Other than that I'm not sure who we should bring in but we need to give Rafa free reign to bring in a higher level of quality. With maybe 5-6 players from the next tier combined with a full pre-season with the tactical genius Benitez we really could put the cat among the pigeons of the top 8.

Cheers lads n lasses, all the best

I like your thinking on spend but I can't see us spending that much on individual players sadly.

I don't think we'll get Abrahams but i think that will be down to us not really looking at him, as he has said no to us twice now.

I also don't think that Chelsea will let Bakayoko go for £28 million when they signed him for £40 million, particularly when they may not be allowed to sign players.

Fully agree that Rafa needs to be given free reign to sign who he wants, regardless of age.

Maybe Aaron Mooy from Huddersfield to replace Hayden?

Gayle back to replace Hosses poo...

Shearer's statue to replace Atsu

Potentially Tom Cairney.

There is also that young winger from Swansea we've been linked with.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    There is also that young winger from Swansea we've been linked with.
    How exciting

Was going to say Alphonse Areola PSG keeper,
    But I hear he is a bit of a Tit.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Kirkland View Post
    Was going to say Alphonse Areola PSG keeper,
    But I hear he is a bit of a Tit.
    Great keeper but capable of the odd boob.

All the noise I've heard is the fatty will spend big on players under 25 with the potential to grow.

BAKI fits the bill whether it happens is another thing.

Best thing we can hope for is a take over.

Tammy would be good to share the striker role with Rondon perez and Migi supporting

Ritchie is signing a new contract with us, reportedly. Under this regime, that’s a bit like a new signing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)