+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: £16.5m it is.....

Apparently Gayle has made it clear he will not be playing in the championship next season....

Hope I am wrong but I think that's us out of the running then.Can anyone honestly see Ashley paying 16.5m cash for a 29 year old.

Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post
    Apparently Gayle has made it clear he will not be playing in the championship next season....
    He'll tear it up in League one, then...

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    Hope I am wrong but I think that's us out of the running then.Can anyone honestly see Ashley paying 16.5m cash for a 29 year old.
    If Rafa stays, then I think so. You'd think one of the stipulations for him staying would be that he has more control over the money he is actually given. Because his game isn't about pace then he's got more to offer at this age than a similarly-aged striker whose game is about stretching defences.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    If Rafa stays, then I think so. You'd think one of the stipulations for him staying would be that he has more control over the money he is actually given. Because his game isn't about pace then he's got more to offer at this age than a similarly-aged striker whose game is about stretching defences.
    I'd pick a fox over a rabbit every time. What Rondon loses in speed is more than made up for by his vision.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    There is no difference between swapping Rondon and Gayle and paying 3 million to WBA compared to buying Rondon for 16.5 millio and selling Gayle for 13.5 million!

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    I hope you're right. . . however i'm very unconvinced Rafa will stay

If Gayle isn't playing on playing in championship next season, what are our chances of selling to a prem club? I can't see many going for him, maybe one of the newly promoted ones?

I guess which ever of Villa or Derby get promoted might be interested.

The lad is a goal scorer and will attract offers. Sean 60 fags at Burnley might fancy a punt n all he'd be good for them.

Either way in this market he's worth 15-20 million of anyone's money so we cool bonny lads n lasses 👍🏻

Quote Originally Posted by ragatino View Post
    sean 60 fags at burnley might fancy a punt ����
    xd xd xd

Dwight Gayle is a massive catch for many teams. He simply didn't suit the style we played at the time.
    He could still do a fantastic job in the premier league if used correctly and even for us if we played to his strengths.

Him and Rondon would actually do well . A little and large partnership.
    However, if Rafa stays then it's unlikely he will afford the pair of them that chance, I would think.

If I had to take a wild guess on clubs willing to take him on, assuming we want rid then Derby (assuming they make it to the premier league) would fit him more ideally than most, followed by Norwich and a real ace in the pack of a bigger club taking him on in the likes of Everton or West Ham.

I know people think he's found his level but for me he is definitely a premier league player, if played correctly.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)