+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: £16.5m it is.....

£16.5m it is.....

.... the price for Rondon as west Brom stay in the Chimpo....

Get that cheque written Mike

4-3 on penalties daaaaaaaayum!

What a stinker!

Rondon is a Geordie la la la lahhhhh

Fatty wouldn't pay it last year.Rondon is a year older so I am not that confident he will pay it this year.Plus the fans like him so it's another reason for fatty not to stump up the cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    Fatty wouldn't pay it last year.Rondon is a year older so I am not that confident he will pay it this year.Plus the fans like him so it's another reason for fatty not to stump up the cash.
    Difference is - Rafa's contract gives him more control over the signing. Not to mention that Rondon's performances have kept us in the Prem and will again next season so a £16.5m price take returns £123m odd this season & the same next.

Last season Rondon was unproven at NUFC, this summer it's the opposite. Whilst fatty is a cheap bassa he's also like a flutter.

£16.5m 'sure thing' is a defo on a £200m return.

Park the hatred of the fat d!ck at the door, take a breath and post something which people can actually debate eh, might make the board a bit more fun to visit.

Cheers

I am debating.You think he will sign and I dont.Also fatty made 120 odd million last season and what did we spend.I am a realist,Ashley loves a fantasist that he can fool year on year.
    Sign Rondon for 16.5m,would love it to happen.Just cant see it myself.Leave my hatred for fatty at the door,not a chance as long as he is ruining our football club.

I am debating.You think he will sign and I dont.Also fatty made 120 odd million last season and what did we spend.I am a realist,Ashley loves a fantasist that he can fool year on year.
    Sign Rondon for 16.5m,would love it to happen.Just cant see it myself.Leave my hatred for fatty at the door,not a chance as long as he is ruining our football club.
    Last season we came up from the 2nd division. We've all picked the bones out of the finances and with the financial reports recently for last year it was clear that most of the money was off set by achieving promotion.

Whilst there was the ability to go out and spend this seasons money in advance that is not the fat mans MO and whilst like others I was furious that we missed out on targets because of a few hundred grand or the odd million Rafa proved he can find a diamond in the rough with signings like Schar.

However going back to my point regarding proven players. Rondon has proven to be a money maker by winning matches, moving the club up the league a few positions by scoring key goals in matches we won 1-0 which will return more reward from a higher finish in the league.

It's logical not emotional.

However the best case scenario would be a take over from a very wealth group or individual who will invest as required.

and where does gayle figure in all this?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragatino View Post
    However going back to my point regarding proven players. Rondon has proven to be a money maker by winning matches, moving the club up the league a few positions by scoring key goals in matches we won 1-0
    He did it once against Huddersfield away.Fatty has form.I wish I shared your confidence on Rondon signing.The fat one cant even do right by the manager and give him a fair deal.He should already be signed and players should be lined up to follow.
    That is what happens at professionally run clubs.

He did it once against Huddersfield away.Fatty has form.I wish I shared your confidence on Rondon signing.The fat one cant even do right by the manager and give him a fair deal.He should already be signed and players should be lined up to follow.
    That is what happens at professionally run clubs.
    Agreed we're a shambles at boardroom / director level.

We will have to wait and see what happens with Rafa however everytime Ashley actually bothers to side down with the manager he buys what the Spaniard is selling.

When it comes to football matters Rafa is world class, like him or hate him Ashley knows that, why else would be pay the man 6 million a year?

Once we know what is happening with Rafa we will know the bigger picture.

Quote Originally Posted by ronandtet View Post
    and where does gayle figure in all this?
    If we pay the £16.5m then Gayle is irrelevant.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)