+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bolton Wanderers

Thats an excellent idea Beds, kick them to the kerb or the gutter where they belong until they sort out their awful mess. And yes that would mean a reprieve for Notts County, thats a great idea!.

Quote Originally Posted by barrie_burn View Post
    I've never heard of a food bank just for desserts.The must be posh in Bolton.
    A lot of our kids are not even getting starters Barrie...

https://www.localgov.co.uk/Child-pov...ers-warn/47412

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    We have food banks all over Bolton sinkov. We are experiencing an exponential increase in homelessness. No left wing propaganda here mate, just plain old reality.

I feel sorry for working class people who through no fault of their own are dropped in the deep stuff and are left without a "safety net" from the State. Can't really expect much else from an austerity fuelled government though can we sinkov?

In response to Alf and Acido and politics aside, how the phook are Bolton Wanderers still being allowed to exist? They are attempting to trade whilst insolvent, the Whites hotel is shut, the gates on the ground are padlocked, no-one is getting paid, suppliers are left unpaid and the EPL allow this shambles to continue. Brentford get awarded three points for not turning up, almost three hundred playing and non-playing staff have not been paid for three months and a totally unfit for purpose, twice bankrupted individual is attempting to take over the club.

Brexit has nothing on this shambles sinkov, footballing sentiment aside, close the business down, reinstate Notts County to the Football League and if and when Bolton ever get their act together pop them back in the League where Clitheroe play. It is hard to make or understand a case for any other course of action. I was about ten at the time, but if I remember correctly Peel Park was bulldozed and the Stanley were in nowhere near the mess the Notlobs currently are.
    Food banks do an excellent job BT, I wish they'd have been around when us Firemen were forced out on strike for 7 week by an intransigent Labour government in 1977, but they weren't, and we had to depend on generous members of the public who supported us and dropped off food parcels to help keep our families fed. So I do understand what it's like to wonder where your next meal is coming from, I've been in that situation myself thanks to a Labour government, but I just can't help thinking that even if Food Banks weren't necessary, they're such a convenient propaganda tool, such a convenient stick to beat the Tories with, that lefties would invent them anyway.

Incidentally, Peel Park wasn't bulldozed, it's still there and recognisable as an ex football ground, I think Peel Park school uses it as a games field, although I stand to be corrected on that, but that's what I was told by an ex-pupil.

Correct on the pitch sinkov, but it didn't take Accy Council long to bulldoze the stands once Stanley went bust.

Bolton are in the same situation that other clubs have found themselves in in recent years. I haven't seen Leicester, Leeds or Portsmouth, to name a few, go out of business even though many local businesses who had dealt with them did go to the wall and HMRC are still waiting for outstanding payments which they will never get.
    Some miracle will happen in the palaces of the hierarchy which will give Bolton licence to carry on ---strange isn't it?

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/spor...n/?ref=mr&lp=1

BWFC could be yours for just 25 million.

The writing was on the wall according to OC. You can say that again.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/spor...rs-boss-coyle/

I always thought banks were for money?

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimeram View Post
    I always thought banks were for money?
    Or Spunk !!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)