+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Proud

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post
    Too true mate, I said this last night at the game, how spurs hadn't actually won in the qf or sf to get to the final. Apparently the rule was in the plays until 1999 I think when it was changed because Sheepshanks, the Ipswich chairman, wanted it changed because they had lost in the plays twice in a few years because of it.
    It does make you wonder why the hell its good enough for every other competition including the Champions League but the play-offs are an exception whatever Ipswich's argument might be.

Quote Originally Posted by stripes39 View Post
    I didn't feel so attached to the end result as I have done in the past as like many I have serious doubts about our ability to compete should we have gone up. On our way to the game I was saying that regardless of the result I just hope we don't go out with a tepid, lacklustre performance as we have seen on several occasions this year. Thankfully that was most definitely not the case.

I think Shan deserves a chance next season to show what he can do as I've been impressed with him and I think he's coped very well and shown he's not afraid to change things. Considering we've lost key personnel and had some poor decisions go against us in the last week, last night proved he is a strong candidate . I think that players at this level ought to be capable of motivating themselves so any pi*s poor performances IMO have been down to the players and not Shan which makes you wonder why they couldn't play like last night more often?

I just hope we clear out the necessary dead wood, get some younger legs in and start now rebuilding. I suspect Jenkins will be sharpening his knife to make even more cuts and our recruitment team will continue to disappoint just when we need them more than ever as the players are out there as other clubs have proven. I'd be happy with a radically younger fresher team, keep a few of the more experienced players and keep Shan involved all the way through starting today. BTW, no one has mentioned our keeper. Thought he deserved credit last night and nice to see we looked much more solid instead of trying to play it out the back like Barcelona.
    We need experience imo Stripes, Shan again showed his inexperience yesterday when leaving Brunt on the pitch after he got his yellow, Brunt cannot tackle and he should have been subbed because of that and because he'd done nowt in 2 games.

I just hope they can get Hughton quickly and the rumour that he wants a break are untrue, as we need someone ASAP to get us sorted and to make decisions properly.

Last summer was shambolic as everyone had been sacked, left or sidelined in the shape of the administration of the club and it meant recruitment was hampered.

I hope mozza hasn't got an option for a second year and that non entity Dowling exists and actually can function in his role and find some quality replacements.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    Johnny, many of your points are very valid but I have to disagree with you regarding Chris Brunt. I thought that he was inspirational last night. He broke up so many Villa attacks and 'sweated blood' for the Albion cause. If all the squad had shown the same commitment throughout the season then I am convinced that we would have gained automatic promotion. He left nothing on that pitch last night and deserves all our thanks for his commitment to our club.
    Yes fair play Leicester last nite he was ok , if had shown the same commitment all season he wouldn't have been on the bench so much ether . + to get sent off like that & leave the team in the **** for a captain disgraceful .

Quote Originally Posted by stripes39 View Post
    It does make you wonder why the hell its good enough for every other competition including the Champions League but the play-offs are an exception whatever Ipswich's argument might be.
    Ipswich's argument was pure self interest as they'd lost to the away goals rule twice in the space of 2 or 3 years. Sheepshanks was high up in the efl and got it passed.

Quite shocking really.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny on the spot 1 View Post
    Yes fair play Leicester last nite he was ok , if had shown the same commitment all season he wouldn't have been on the bench so much ether . + to get sent off like that & leave the team in the **** for a captain disgraceful .
    Agree Jots our indiscipline has been shocking this year from delivermore throwing that player down for a 4 game ban and HRK to Brunt's first unnecessary challenge in the middle of the pitch in a none dangerous situation, you can excise the 2nd yellow as it was in a dangerous area.

They used to announce two weeks fines for reds, but not anymore, I just behind the scenes they get hammerred for such indiscipline, especially that shown by delivermore and hrk

Quote Originally Posted by SwedishBaggie View Post
    Very true BB mate - very good effort, and proud of them. Bad ref in the first match combined with the idiotic rule that away goals don’t count (any other tournament, play off etc we would be through, CL, EL, play off for national teams, old European cups etc, etc) ruined it.
    I was never sure about this old 'away goals' rule in the first place Swedie, but in the long run surely its a good rule to have and use instead of the need to goto the dreaded penalties.
    I know a loss in the Play offs feels god damn awful lads so I wont dwell on this anymore, just try to keep your chins up for next season eh!. (and no, Im not really good at giving consoling advice!!)

11 days to go and the fundraising is stuck at £1.50.

Looks like it's the armchair again Sam and a pack of condoms.

11 days to go and the fundraising is stuck at £1.50.

Looks like it's the armchair again Sam and a pack of condoms.
    If Shan chooses to park the bus away @ V P for fear of being beaten or the referee's had a stinker man up handle it !

If Gayle & Brunt opt go feral & metaphorically get a blunderbuss start shooting themselves in the foot yes its painful, grow a pair handle it !

Not everyone in West Bromwich is mortally wounded following W B A’s depressing demise

Bin men will have extra gelt next pay day due to the council having to scramble emergency garbage crews late on Tuesday evening to clear tons of waste material/cheap tacky plastic blue/white flags strewn across the borough

For one horrible moment I thought you'd all lost your heads in the play-offs frenzy

So thankful to see you've not forgotten the importance of posting repugnant feeble-minded abuse

Quote Originally Posted by freer View Post
    If Shan chooses to park the bus away @ V P for fear of being beaten or the referee's had a stinker man up handle it !

If Gayle & Brunt opt go feral & metaphorically get a blunderbuss start shooting themselves in the foot yes its painful, grow a pair handle it !

Not everyone in West Bromwich is mortally wounded following W B A’s depressing demise

Bin men will have extra gelt next pay day due to the council having to scramble emergency garbage crews late on Tuesday evening to clear tons of waste material/cheap tacky plastic blue/white flags strewn across the borough

For one horrible moment I thought you'd all lost your heads in the play-offs frenzy

So thankful to see you've not forgotten the importance of posting repugnant feeble-minded abuse
    You won fair and square freer, no question.

I don't understand what your issue is here though. I am doing this London Samathon to help your fellow armchair fan get to Wembley.

There are only 10 days left. What have you done to help him?

Don't worry freer it's not too late as Debit / credit cards and PayPal payments are being accepted but unfortunately no side splittingly funny cartoons stolen from the net are.

As we are still only at £1.50, Sam is doing a sponsored punch a c??? At vile Park, outside the ticket office between 9am and 9.01am tomorrow morning where, you've guessed it, you can punch him in the face for 10p. We expect him to have raised enough money to buy Wembley in this short period of time.

You'll be able to spot him on his leather recliner with his vile scarf and bobble hat on and his feet up and still trying to find an Internet stream of Tuesday's match in between drinking his bovril and eating his pie and reading his programme from 1982.

You won fair and square freer, no question.

I don't understand what your issue is here though. I am doing this London Samathon to help your fellow armchair fan get to Wembley.

There are only 10 days left. What have you done to help him?

Don't worry freer it's not too late as Debit / credit cards and PayPal payments are being accepted but unfortunately no side splittingly funny cartoons stolen from the net are.

As we are still only at £1.50, Sam is doing a sponsored punch a c??? At vile Park, outside the ticket office between 9am and 9.01am tomorrow morning where, you've guessed it, you can punch him in the face for 10p. We expect him to have raised enough money to buy Wembley in this short period of time.

You'll be able to spot him on his leather recliner with his vile scarf and bobble hat on and his feet up and still trying to find an Internet stream of Tuesday's match in between drinking his bovril and eating his pie and reading his programme from 1982.
    what happened in 1982.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)