+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Proud

Proud

Thanks to the lads for their efforts tonight, they played like warriors.

It's sod's law the guy who rolled around to get Gayle sent out off saved two pens.

Brilliant support tonight from us and we'll be back next when we go again.

Always proud to be Baggie.

COYB.

On Another note for the sake supporter relations between the respective teams, Samhubball please give me your bank details and I will send you £1.50 for you to finally see the team you "support" so much at Wembley, that should get you a megabus down there.

Please give generously everybody, together we can get him there.

He will have another baby and claim it off the tax payer he's a scrounger not a supporter

Indeed spirited performance and tremendous atmosphere at the ground. Hegazi MOTM for me, albeit strange choice as 2nd Penalty taker ?
    Looking forward to seeing what our next season squad will be.
    COYB

Totally agree BB. I thought that it was a tremendous performance and didn't think that we deserved to go out tonight. We forget that we actually won the game and played for 45 minutes with only ten men. Villa never looked like breaking us down. The side deserve great credit for tonight's effort. They must feel absolutely 'gutted' to go out in this manner. Well done!

The Atmosphere from our fantastic crowd was Amazing last nite unbelievable, the effort by the players was also commendable , if only we showed that desire on the pitch at most of our home games with a full team this season at home we would be in the premier now , Now we need to clear out the rubbish start a fresh bring in a decent manager get rid of the hangers on & the sentiment players including Brunt usless overrated idiot , kick out all the long term injured who contribute very little , play 10 game sign an extension then don't see them all season , bring in legs energy & their are players out their you only have to look at McGinn on their team last night
    he's so tenacious , the board need to start working with the owners today not 2 weeks before the season starts it soon comes around .

Johnny, many of your points are very valid but I have to disagree with you regarding Chris Brunt. I thought that he was inspirational last night. He broke up so many Villa attacks and 'sweated blood' for the Albion cause. If all the squad had shown the same commitment throughout the season then I am convinced that we would have gained automatic promotion. He left nothing on that pitch last night and deserves all our thanks for his commitment to our club.

Super proud of my club and fans last night. Atmosphere was electric, effort on the pitch was first class.

If we had only had that clear penalty on Holgate at VP, or if Brunt & Gayle hadn't got themselves sent off..or if Dawson & Johanson hadn't suffered injuries. One thing I did find out is that Shan is definitely tactically astute and has the hallmarks of a great future manager.

I've read a lot of crap on here about his managerial inexperience, well I thought he was tactically superior to Smith across the 2 legs...but unfortunately injury, sending's off and a couple of poor refereeing decisions cost us.

We went out fighting, but there are a lot of reasons to be positive. We will lose players of course, but we have youth players who are about to sprout through and losing players will give them their chance to shine.

Harper, Field, Leko, Rogers, Wilson etc. will all get their chance in the next couple of years...that gives me great hope for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post
    Thanks to the lads for their efforts tonight, they played like warriors.

It's sod's law the guy who rolled around to get Gayle sent out off saved two pens.

Brilliant support tonight from us and we'll be back next when we go again.

Always proud to be Baggie.

COYB.

On Another note for the sake supporter relations between the respective teams, Samhubball please give me your bank details and I will send you £1.50 for you to finally see the team you "support" so much at Wembley, that should get you a megabus down there.

Please give generously everybody, together we can get him there.
    Very true BB mate - very good effort, and proud of them. Bad ref in the first match combined with the idiotic rule that away goals don’t count (any other tournament, play off etc we would be through, CL, EL, play off for national teams, old European cups etc, etc) ruined it.

I didn't feel so attached to the end result as I have done in the past as like many I have serious doubts about our ability to compete should we have gone up. On our way to the game I was saying that regardless of the result I just hope we don't go out with a tepid, lacklustre performance as we have seen on several occasions this year. Thankfully that was most definitely not the case.

I think Shan deserves a chance next season to show what he can do as I've been impressed with him and I think he's coped very well and shown he's not afraid to change things. Considering we've lost key personnel and had some poor decisions go against us in the last week, last night proved he is a strong candidate . I think that players at this level ought to be capable of motivating themselves so any pi*s poor performances IMO have been down to the players and not Shan which makes you wonder why they couldn't play like last night more often?

I just hope we clear out the necessary dead wood, get some younger legs in and start now rebuilding. I suspect Jenkins will be sharpening his knife to make even more cuts and our recruitment team will continue to disappoint just when we need them more than ever as the players are out there as other clubs have proven. I'd be happy with a radically younger fresher team, keep a few of the more experienced players and keep Shan involved all the way through starting today. BTW, no one has mentioned our keeper. Thought he deserved credit last night and nice to see we looked much more solid instead of trying to play it out the back like Barcelona.

Quote Originally Posted by SwedishBaggie View Post
    Very true BB mate - very good effort, and proud of them. Bad ref in the first match combined with the idiotic rule that away goals don’t count (any other tournament, play off etc we would be through, CL, EL, play off for national teams, old European cups etc, etc) ruined it.
    Too true mate, I said this last night at the game, how spurs hadn't actually won in the qf or sf to get to the final. Apparently the rule was in the plays until 1999 I think when it was changed because Sheepshanks, the Ipswich chairman, wanted it changed because they had lost in the plays twice in a few years because of it.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)