+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Share trading

Share trading

I’m very new to this, have decided to take a plunge into the crypto currency market. I’m hearing good things about one called XRP Ripple.

Anyone on here dabble in the stock market?

There's so many different crypto currencies out there I wouldn't know where to start. I've watched about 5 documentaries about ******* and still have absolutely no idea how it works.

There’s loads! I’m trying to google around, picking up bits here n there.. xrp keep coming up..

But it’s all just gambling for the suits at the end of the day really.

I bought some through the eToro app. Straight away in the red as they add a bit to the share price for their commission. Gives you a wee fright, thinking, sh!t! It’s crashing right away

It wouldn't take much for it to prove a better investment than anything the banks are offering.

I went to see a financial advisor to see about putting some money from selling my flat to good use. 2 appointments and then a week later he came back with only one option, premium bonds!

F*cking premium bonds! My gran could have gave me that advice. Stuck it in an ISA instead. Should make about 60 quid a year so the AbMad christmas do is on me

Cracking advice that funnily enough, I cashed in some bonds to pay for my stock market dabble.

Predicting cash-hoarding after the capitalist-led disaster of 2008, I sunk my meagre means into a company making socks and mattresses. Fail, apart from the regulars whose socks were a cotton/acrylic condom substitute when practising their solo ***ual pursuits.

Also, expecting popular insurrection over the theft and bail-out, with capitalism being taken up the pish-stinking lanie between Market Street and Adelphi and given the deserved fatal hiding, I put a few spondoolicks into a pitchfork and flaming torches co-operative.

Alas, the lieges just grumbled a bit, blamed the darkies and the weather, had a cup of tea and continued their lives as slaves to corporate greed.

Next time though....

Trying to enrich yourself off of another persons hard work seems more than slightly hunnish to me.

Quote Originally Posted by StandfreeFM View Post
    Trying to enrich yourself off of another persons hard work seems more than slightly hunnish to me.
    You've defined capitalism, and covertly criticised it. Bravo.

I'm too old for the Young Communist League these days, but you might be eligible, assuming you're younger than me. COYR.

I disagree with the buying & selling of shares but from what I can tell, it’s best to invest in pork bellies & fresh orange juice

Quote Originally Posted by andoplzcumbak View Post
    I’m very new to this, have decided to take a plunge into the crypto currency market. I’m hearing good things about one called XRP Ripple.

Anyone on here dabble in the stock market?
    Let's not get the two mixed up. the crypto market is very different to the stock market.

Last year I dabbled in ICOs (initial coin offerings) where a company would sell crypto tokens in exchange for Ethereum. They would use the Ethereum to fund the project and when the tokens were unlocked to be traded on the exchanges the theory was that they would always open higher than the ICO price. Some of these turned out okay, some were scams and the projects never took off. All it was, was gambling.

One of my colleagues started ICOs end of 2017 when ******* and crypto in general was hyped through the roof. He made some very nice returns off of ICOs - although he kept it all in Ethereum and didn't cash out to fiat currency - so when it crashed in 2018 he hadn't realised those profits he had made. He never lost anything but he could have been a lot better off.

I entered the game Jan 2018 buying high and selling low and have sold up. I struggle to see the real value in it. I can see blockchain technology will be used in the future but all these sh1tcoins? I'm not so sure.

In summary, have a dabble in it but don't risk more than you're willing to lose.
    Last edited by Skacel; 15-05-2019 at 10:56 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast