+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Leutwiler stays

Leutwiler stays

Looks like he will be the competition for raya next season
    Now I am not totally against this as he looked ok in the games he played however it might start to set alarm bells off that the money might not be there for next season.

I am now officially concerned.
    Raya is poor, and cost us. We'd have made the play offs without his, and Mulgrews costly mistakes. We know he isn't good enough.
    Leutwiler is worse. And in no way is he close to being a Champ keeper. Neither are. That's why we ended up where we did. Because we weren't good enough. To retain the players not good enough, makes no sense.
    Ben Gladwin is a joke. I am not paying £336 for a season ticket to help pay the likes him not to play football. **** off. That is an insult. Before people stand up for him, and tell me I am out of order, when has anyone actually seen him play? exactly ......
    Are we keeping him, so we don't end up playing Butterworth? No point creating these kids, to not play them, like last season. Hardly any actually got game time. And a 3rd of the season we where crap.

I don't mind Rodwell, because as a squad player, who will probably be a bit part player only, I don't think we would get much better.

But we are sending a clear message here, expect a few months of loss after after loss once the half decent players get injured, and woefully sub-standard players are brought in to replace them. Like last season. We wont progress with players not good enough for this league. May aswell let Dack go to a club with intentions of getting out of this poor league.

I'm going to book myself a little holiday with the money I have now saved!! And I am glad we have confirmed where we are heading this early, before I paid out my money. So I'm in a good mood now! Lake Como here I come!

Maybe we are being a slight bit hasty on this after all we don't know for sure the budget tony Mowbray has.
    If he has 7 million for example he might decide to spend that on the defence and will patch up the other areas.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Maybe we are being a slight bit hasty on this after all we don't know for sure the budget tony Mowbray has.
    If he has 7 million for example he might decide to spend that on the defence and will patch up the other areas.
    You could be right Robin.
    This suggest we are offering them extentions. Which is actually the normal process, before we let anyone go.
    We could be offering extentions, but only offering very very low wages, which could rid us of the likes of Gladwin.

Indeed
    If by the end of June we have nobody in or a couple of journeymen joined then we can worry but until then sit back and relax.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)