+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 5 released....

Quote Originally Posted by EasyAndEarly View Post
    "he would have been an asset but he is simply too slow to compete in the championship"

Yet Wood got a two year playing contract? No cliques at Rotherham United....Oh yes there are - to the detriment of the club and better footballers that have left us and those not attracted to the pub club attitude this club now has.
    Yep, it’s a mates team.

Plus as highlighted in another thread you’ve got a bunch of mates, nearly in their 50s, going on a jolly boys booze outing to Benidorm

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    Im guessing mattock doesnt want to sign or they cant reach a agreement so they have triggered the 1 year extension..
    I wouldn’t read too much into triggering the the 1yr extension it’s standard practice. It just means he can’t walk away for free.Players are on holiday, it’s the agents pulling the strings to get the best deal for their clients.
    I’m confident Joe Mattock will sign even if they have to negotiate an improved offer on the one he’s about to be offered.
    Somewhere along the way they will come to a compromise and he will sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Yep, it’s a mates team.

Plus as highlighted in another thread you’ve got a bunch of mates, nearly in their 50s, going on a jolly boys booze outing to Benidorm
    Nothing wrong with Benidorm Grist...I watched the play-offs in Benidorm last year.
    As long as the lads avoid ' Sticky Vickys ' daughter all will be well...

From what I can see, this should be a decent boost to Warnes budget.

Three of them where out on loan last season and the other two were injured. I don't think any of them played a full game for our first team last season??

So, in theory, the 'first team' squad has not been depleted but the wages "freed up", by them leaving, could be anywhere between £10k & £15k a week ??
    Not sure on actual figures but Ball was the marquee signing and with no fee involved, he would be on a good wage likewise Potter, due to his experience. The other Ball came from premier club so wouldn't be playing for peanuts and the other two I would guess would be on lesser wages. There could also be a contribution towards the players wages from the loaning clubs which would need to be factored into this i.e. taken off the weekly saving.

All in all, it should still generate sufficient wages for 2 or maybe even 3 decent quality div 1 players.

Yes that’s true Gainsbro Miller it should generate enough cash for a couple of decent players. Let’s hope they use it well.
    Needs an early decision from the out of contract players so we can move on and not be playing catch up with recruiting alternative players.

Surely even RUFC wouldn’t let the situation roll on with the wingers for more than another week.

PW,s recent comments and his actions this week have been somewhat different.

He said there would be more leaving than usual with a freshening up required.
    But all those on the list of who are going didn't play for us as they were either injured or out on loan. It's hardly a freshening up of the first team squad.

Obviously some of the wingers might leave but that decision appears to be driven by the quartet of players at the moment.

As pip y has said the club needs to take control here and give a deadline. I wouldn't lose any sleep if all four left
    Allez Julien Lamy....proper gangsta
    Last edited by flourbasher; 16-05-2019 at 04:12 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234