+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Daily Mail on Naysmith's Departure

There is never a 'nice' way to do something like that. If the chairman had taken Mr. Naysmith out for a meal and given him a 3 hour explanation on why he was relieving him of his duties it wouldn't have been the right thing to do in other's eyes. Unless, or until there is a definitive way of delivering bad news, then I think it is an impossible quandary, - which we mere mortals need to accept.

However, having said all that, and read the article, - leaving the matter until Sunday might have been more appropriate. All in all though, - Queen of the South would not be in the comfortable position it finds itself in now if we had continued with Naysmith as manager, and for that we must be thankful for the Chairman for taking the bold decision that many others couldn't have taken.

As for Francis's response, - perhaps you need to think before you post sir, - although that no doubt will simply result in a "don't tell me what I can say are do pal" reply!

Gary Naysmith does come out of this extremely well but ultimately he had to go . Johnson has reintroduced Brownlie and Murray back into the team and they have played very well. They were here for Naysmith but he didnt want to use them much . With the quality of players we have at the moment, there is no way we should be in this last chance play off position. I'm sure the vast majority of us hope Naysmith can get another job in time and build himself back up .
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 16-05-2019 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    Only Naysmith comes out of this with any dignity and decency reflecting the man himself. I do have to smile at certain individuals who had been calling for his head for months have suddenly taken the high moral ground over this but football can be a cruel bitter business.
    Supporting a decision to sack someone for the good of the club and being disappointed that how the sacking was done shows our club in a poor light is a perfectly reasonable position for fans to adopt.

Quote Originally Posted by Dobmeister View Post
    Supporting a decision to sack someone for the good of the club and being disappointed that how the sacking was done shows our club in a poor light is a perfectly reasonable position for fans to adopt.
    I don't disagree with this but I was rather pointing the finger at those who persistently abused Naysmith on this site and are suddenly horrified at the manner of his dismissal.

Naysmith did exactly the same to Lee Robinson so I heard,maybe it's true what goes around comes around

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    I don't disagree with this but I was rather pointing the finger at those who persistently abused Naysmith on this site and are suddenly horrified at the manner of his dismissal.

if your meaning myself in that remark then yes i wanted naysmith gone asap and im defo not horrified at his dismissal ,however i am horrified at the way our chairman done it in a dirty cowardly way .

I'm more angry at the fact he put us in this relegation play off position than the way in which he was sacked.

At least it wasn't by text as was originally reported on forums and social media.

No matter how he was fired, it was the right decision. How he couldnae see it coming takes some believing!

To be fair to both sides, the Chairman waited until the end of the season to make one of the most difficult decisions of his life. Let there be no mistake the Partick game was the end of the season, and as Naysmith suggested if Queen's had won they'd have been sitting pretty in 6th position.

Sadly, Naysmith's negativity let him down and he fielded a demoralised side who were not even capable of beating Annan never mind Montrose or Raith Rovers, - so something drastic had to be done and quickly.

If the play-offs had been delayed by a week, then I'm pretty certain that Naysmith would have been proferred the appropriate level of dignity with regards to a period of grace, - but that luxury was not on the table and so what appears as an extremely cut throat decision had to be made.

Naysmith has thankfully accepted the decision albeit reluctantly, - and I'm sure he did do his best, - but Queens couldn't have risked a manager who's confidence had been shot and so parting company however hastily, just had to happen.

Perhaps on reflection, the powers that be should allow teams in the play-offs a short period of grace, - before they are thrust into without so much as a short rest?

Michael Doyle confirmed what we all knew really. Naysmith often played a counter attacking game which in my opinion is no good to us if your defence isn't strong enough. Expect Johnson to take the game to the opponents more often .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)