+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Villa vs Derby

Villa vs Derby

Oh dear

Was hoping it would be Leeds

Derby have enough if they play like they did tonight.

Such energy in both them and Leeds,so many good young players with skill and pace.

Had a feeling about Derby getting promoted. Lampard is a winner. Villa could well be disappointed again.

Darby for me in the final , a real manager in the making as he was a great footballer when playing. Not a 3rd rate manager like villa have , that team will die for Lampard. Ok Villa beat us can't knock that but I don't think their all that good a team people make them out to be ,

Chaps this season v Derby P2. W2. F7. A0.
    Had you won last night you would be so pleased to play Derby and not Leeds. We have a real chance now!! Just saying loik....

This season Albion v Derby

Won 0

Drawn 0

Lost 2

For 2

Against 7

Why would we have been pleased to play them when we actually beat Leeds 4-1 at our place.

Albion v Villa.

Won 2

Drawn 1

Lost 1

For 6

Against 4

All of the stats mean diddly squat.......you’re as likely to get shown your a r s e at Wembley as you are to win it.

We murdered Derby and lost 1-0 in our last play off final.

They’ve got a lot of “legs” in that side and pace you don’t have so men behind the ball and praying for penalties might be your option.

I dislike Derby immensely but I do hope they have an excellent day.

Knowing my luck they won’t.

Must admit I can't stand Derby fans. Nasty and no class. But, when it comes down to this match I am Derby through and through. I hope they murder the Vile.

Quote Originally Posted by TrianonDave View Post
    Chaps this season v Derby P2. W2. F7. A0.
    Had you won last night you would be so pleased to play Derby and not Leeds. We have a real chance now!! Just saying loik....

If you don't mind me saying I don't think Derby will be the pushover some Villa fans assume. I saw the Leeds match in a pub and there were a few Villa fans watching it. Lets just say there seems to be a lot of misplaced arrogance about Villa having a rightful place to go up and I heard the Chairman of the supporters club on the radio talking about 'restoring us to former glories'. You'd think they were Barcelona or Man City supporters not supporters of a team who've been out the Premier League for 3 seasons and who last won a significant trophy 37 years ago. Just to clarify that last point, they won the European Cup in 1982 in case anyone didn't know.

Quote Originally Posted by stripes39 View Post
    If you don't mind me saying I don't think Derby will be the pushover some Villa fans assume. I saw the Leeds match in a pub and there were a few Villa fans watching it. Lets just say there seems to be a lot of misplaced arrogance about Villa having a rightful place to go up and I heard the Chairman of the supporters club on the radio talking about 'restoring us to former glories'. You'd think they were Barcelona or Man City supporters not supporters of a team who've been out the Premier League for 3 seasons and who last won a significant trophy 37 years ago. Just to clarify that last point, they won the European Cup in 1982 in case anyone didn't know.
    Oh they let everyone know that's all theve got to shout about

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Had a feeling about Derby getting promoted. Lampard is a winner. Villa could well be disappointed again.

Some on the board ( cant remember who ) said momentum going into the final games means nothing. I disagreed as momentum is everything - look at Vile!

Now 3rd and 4th place teams are out and 5th and 6th are still in! Of course momentum matters as it breeds confidence and would not be surprised if Derby win it. Derby ON THEIR DAY are everything we are not - full of creativity and full of pace - like when they came to our ground and last night!

Derby like Vile do not have a rookie manager - they have a guy who has been there and won the t shirt. Bit like Smith and Terry!

In life you get what you pay for. For f uck sake - bring in an experienced and technical manager to captain the ship and perhaps Shan can get a place on the back room staff for keeping the seat warm and coming out with some credit.

Jenkins must cream his pants with any supporter wanting Shan as he costs peanuts!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)