+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Villa vs Derby

Quote Originally Posted by Palmeras View Post
    Oh they let everyone know that's all theve got to shout about
    Its the only thing they shout about isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Some on the board ( cant remember who ) said momentum going into the final games means nothing. I disagreed as momentum is everything - look at Vile!

Now 3rd and 4th place teams are out and 5th and 6th are still in! Of course momentum matters as it breeds confidence and would not be surprised if Derby win it. Derby ON THEIR DAY are everything we are not - full of creativity and full of pace - like when they came to our ground and last night!

Derby like Vile do not have a rookie manager - they have a guy who has been there and won the t shirt. Bit like Smith and Terry!

In life you get what you pay for. For f uck sake - bring in an experienced and technical manager to captain the ship and perhaps Shan can get a place on the back room staff for keeping the seat warm and coming out with some credit.

Jenkins must cream his pants with any supporter wanting Shan as he costs peanuts!
    3rd place went up last year Al, and Lampard is a rookie manager, this is first job as a manager, and I suggested him on here for us before went to direby.

The difference between us and them is their loan players came from big clubs who didn't need to recall them to save their bacon as they have massive squads. Whereas our loan star got recalled by an under pressure t wat who got the sack anyway.

Hughton is the best man imo now.

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post
    3rd place went up last year Al, and Lampard is a rookie manager, this is first job as a manager, and I suggested him on here for us before went to direby.

The difference between us and them is their loan players came from big clubs who didn't need to recall them to save their bacon as they have massive squads. Whereas our loan star got recalled by an under pressure t wat who got the sack anyway.

Hughton is the best man imo now.

Agree about Hughton Blood 100%. Lampard is not a rookie in terms of knowing top flight football, technical nous, man management and recruitment of players. Jenkins would not have paid Lampard type money! Vile have good loan players too - look at Abraham and Mings!

Look at the pace and creativity of Derby last night - not seen that at our place since Barnes sadly departed. That's the difference.

Jenkins should fall on his sword in my opinion and I blame him for blowing promotion - no experienced manager lined up when DM was sacked and pathetic recruitment ( Gayle the exception ).

Which players would you get rid of?

Anybody who wants to go, and anybody we get decent bids for.

But, do I have faith we will recruit well under LD, no chance.

Our only hope is CH comes in and has a great network of scouts and contacts and a knowledge of the lower leagues.

Nobody fights to keep LD at their club and hopefully we can Foook him off cheaply and start again as he is slightly less s hit than Hammond.

Having watched last night's match I was most impressed with both sides. They played with pace, creativity, determination and self belief and I honestly believe that we'd have struggled against either of them. If Villa think that they're already in the Prem., then think again.
    Last edited by Leicesterbaggie; 16-05-2019 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    Having watched last night's match I was most impressed with both sides. They played with pace, creativity, determination and self belief and I honestly believe that we'd have struggled against either of them. If Villa think that they're already in the Prem., then think again.
    Won't stop them though, they beat them 7-0 and that obviously won't be any motivation to Direby.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Some on the board ( cant remember who ) said momentum going into the final games means nothing. I disagreed as momentum is everything - look at Vile!

Now 3rd and 4th place teams are out and 5th and 6th are still in! Of course momentum matters as it breeds confidence and would not be surprised if Derby win it. Derby ON THEIR DAY are everything we are not - full of creativity and full of pace - like when they came to our ground and last night!

Derby like Vile do not have a rookie manager - they have a guy who has been there and won the t shirt. Bit like Smith and Terry!

In life you get what you pay for. For f uck sake - bring in an experienced and technical manager to captain the ship and perhaps Shan can get a place on the back room staff for keeping the seat warm and coming out with some credit.

Jenkins must cream his pants with any supporter wanting Shan as he costs peanuts!
    Yeh that was me Al about the momentum.
    Sorry mate but Derby do have a rookie manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Whicka_Mon View Post
    Yeh that was me Al about the momentum.
    Sorry mate but Derby do have a rookie manager.
    I agree Whicka but love him or hate him - he’s been there - technically astute - knows what it takes - he has the contacts and certainly no fool. Also he’s very much a players person like Klopp and again a huge plus point. Shan has done a decent job but still say - had we recruited an experienced person when DM was sacked we would have have had a much better chance of promotion!

Still think momentum breeds confidence which we failed to get right in last few games. The lack of a midfield warrier ie a Mulumbo type player has killed us!

Quote Originally Posted by TrianonDave View Post
    Chaps this season v Derby P2. W2. F7. A0.
    Had you won last night you would be so pleased to play Derby and not Leeds. We have a real chance now!! Just saying loik....
    That's what Leeds were saying before they lost to them. Brunt going off is the only reason you are going to Wembley.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)