+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Derby

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    Good comeback, did your carer help you with it?

Stop crying your eyes out you sang!

Facepalm!

Have you cancelled your hotel room yet, you know the one you booked when you were 5 points clear of second?

Don't worry I'll be sure to take some pictures of the inside of wembley for you in case your wondering what it's like cos you've never been to the new one have you

Yes..I have actually been to the new Wembley.

Been laughing at your joke of a club most of the season so I will give you your current gloating..no problem.

But just remember asswipe..you ain't won nothing yet..lose to Villa and the win against us means feck all.

Oh but it does. It'll remain sealed history that little ol Derby with a rookie manager out foxed dirty cheating leeds, the first team in history to go through to the final after being behind after the first leg

Dry your eyes Rev and remember there's always next season

Quote Originally Posted by Palmeras View Post
    The two worse teams in the playoffs 5th& 6th it should have been wba on away goals like all the other competitions FA ****ing useless come on derby
    Two worst teams in the playoffs? How come we beat you 7-2 on aggregate...and after a genuinely poor start Villa have looked like the real deal since January.

Wondered where Rev72 was hiding...get over it chap...you dished out enough when you were winning, suck it up and move on now you’ve lost.

As for the final...we had little expectation against Leeds and look what happened! Tbh I haven’t been able to see beyond Villa making it back to the Prem for about the last six weeks so we travel as underdogs, but even we don’t know which Derby County will turn up on the day, could go either way.

Either way...nice to visit a site that isn’t dominated by vitriol and bitterness.

I've been trying to have some banter with a Leeds fan today, never known such a bitter and twisted fan as I have him, play offs are wrong, Leeds beat Derby 3 times and deserve it more, Derby only finished sixth, he was proper sulking so i told him to stop crying his heart out and man up, you were owned and should just admit you bottled it.....again.

@Rev if you want to discuss further pop over to the Derby board instead of trying to creep around the Villa, theres plenty of us there who love your banter

Really looking forward to this one. I have no doubt Derby will come racing out the blocks, an exciting young team which should make for a great game. None of the defensive tactics of the Baggies that made the semi final a dirge. Not sure that either team is particularly ready for the Prem but of course I hope it’s us! UTV

I agree Picasso, it should be a great game - I expect Lampard will be cautious due to the results against us in the league and will look to hit us on the break, which they looked good at vs Leeds.

I think it'll be a cagey nervy affair with neither team wanting to commit forward and risk being done on the break, however eventually it'll open up and turn into a proper game, be a tough game for us but we said that after 3 beating off Leeds and we stuffed them good and proper, its made them even more bitter than they were.

I would wish Villa luck but I don't think you need it

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    I think it'll be a cagey nervy affair with neither team wanting to commit forward and risk being done on the break, however eventually it'll open up and turn into a proper game, be a tough game for us but we said that after 3 beating off Leeds and we stuffed them good and proper, its made them even more bitter than they were.

I would wish Villa luck but I don't think you need it
    It's one game fella, anything can happen and if you show up like you did at Leeds then it's 50:50 on who takes the spoils. Fitness will also play a part as it's boiling down there on that pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by ozfan View Post
    I read on a Derby fan site that they're going to play a diamond formation, two up front and swamp Jack through the midfield. Someone tell Dean. To be fair their fans seem quite decent and level headed. Sure do enjoy painting themselves as the underdogs though.
    Underdogs? We are. The pundits are saying Villa. The press is saying Villa. League results say Villa. The bookies have Villa at 5/4 and Derby at 5/2 and you never see a poor bookie........

A certain Brian Clough had a tactic against the better players. Whenever we faced Best or Ball he would sacrifice one of our more creative players, McGovern. He would be told not to worry about the ball. If you get it pass immediately to a team mate and get back to your task. That task was, simply, to stand a yard and a half off the "star" player in a direct line between player and ball. Neither did a lot against Clough's sides. That would work against Grealish too IMO but we don't have McGovern I think we will play 4 across the middle as we did at Leeds. Playing 3 would gift you the game IMO.

How will it pan out? Obviously I am hoping for a Derby win but it's a close one to call.

Here's to a quality entertaining game and may the best side on the day prevail (not like last time we were in a playoff final)

Quote Originally Posted by westcountryvillain View Post
    It's one game fella, anything can happen and if you show up like you did at Leeds then it's 50:50 on who takes the spoils. Fitness will also play a part as it's boiling down there on that pitch.
    Current forecasts say 18 degrees with a chance of showers..........

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)