+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RIP Big Fella

RIP Big Fella

That great big lovable Boxer who is my avatar left us yesterday morning aged 12 years and nearly 11 months. Had him since he was five weeks old as a Father’s Day pressie from my eldest daughter who bred him from her two Boxers.

He is the last man standing from that and a second litter. Unfortunately I did not get to say a proper goodbye as I was off island until last night.

Never once heard him growl, was attacked twice but never fought back. A true mans best friend.

Bailey (Bottie) (don’t ask?) 18/06/2006 to 15/05/2019.

Sorry to hear you lost your pet, it’s always sad when that happens, I had a hamster once and some fecker ate him.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggiemadguern View Post
    That great big lovable Boxer who is my avatar left us yesterday morning aged 12 years and nearly 11 months. Had him since he was five weeks old as a Father’s Day pressie from my eldest daughter who bred him from her two Boxers.

He is the last man standing from that and a second litter. Unfortunately I did not get to say a proper goodbye as I was off island until last night.

Never once heard him growl, was attacked twice but never fought back. A true mans best friend.

sorry to hear mate,part of the family.ive got 2dogs there only 2 years but would be lost without them now.

Sorry to hear this BMG.

My two cats are now 11 and 12 and it’s sad knowing they are moving into their latter stages.

Such a shame that dogs have such a short shelf life.

Hope you replace him because it’s always worth giving a new animal the chance to blossom.

Lost my best gun dog I've ever owned 2 months ago heart broken mate really was I believe I gave him a great life , 15 great years still have one 6 & half , you have my sympathy BMG .

Really sorry to hear this BMG. It's times like this precisely because it makes us so sad that we also realise how much they bought in to our lives and us to theirs. It sounds though for a dog of his type he's had a good innings and a great environment to grow up in which is as much as you can give and of course, you've tons of great memories.

Thank you all for the kind words. For his breed, yes it was a good innings. Really do not think I will go around again, I am in my early 60’s and we are spending more and more time away. However it already feels strange without the big fella following us around, so you never know. As I said thanks for the kind words, I only mentioned his passing as he has been my avatar since I joined this forum in February 2011, and some posters in those early days commented favourably about him.

Have a great summer all.

Having bred hundreds of dogs over the last twenty years, I know how you must be feeling and it always hurts. Like you, I decided that the time had come to hung up my leads and although I miss them dearly, I believe that I made the right choice. Time will be a great healer Guern but the memories will live with you forever.

Thank you all for the kind words. For his breed, yes it was a good innings. Really do not think I will go around again, I am in my early 60’s and we are spending more and more time away. However it already feels strange without the big fella following us around, so you never know. As I said thanks for the kind words, I only mentioned his passing as he has been my avatar since I joined this forum in February 2011, and some posters in those early days commented favourably about him.

Have a great summer all.
    We lost our last Staffie, Bella, about five years ago and being in my early 70's doubted ever having another, but time is a healer and we've now got another Staffie, Bessie, who we've had just coming up to four years, missed having one about so decided to go for a rescue, with no regrets.

Always find this strange...we had a lovely dog when I was a child back in the early 70's. He always had that permanent doggie smile on his face. Especially when with a bunch of us kids heading down to the river.... I recall him sometimes getting attacked by other dogs and yet never biting back. We always intervened for him.....but he just had a very gentle heart inside. No instinct to attack anyone....not even a postman delivering letters. A really lovely soul in him....
    It is very much a sad time , to lose a close friend and the more sad when they have loved you like only a family doggie can...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)