+ Visit Doncaster Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Rovers return ?

Rovers return ?

Liverpool did it.
    Spurs did it.
    Even Derby County did it.
    Can Rovers do it ?

Let's do it, lets prove them wrong.

(with apologies to Cole Porter)

The Charlton fans never stopped for 2 hours at the Keepmoat, so I expect we will get more of the same. They were well organised and outstanding. I can't help feel that Charlton have more quality about them than the street fighter technique of Rovers.
    My head tells me to go with 3-1 to Charlton although nothing would please me more than to be proved totally wrong.

I fancy us to win on penalties just to eke it out for a bit more drama What ever happens it’s been a eventful season

SilverTop, thanks for predicting a 3-1 defeat - this means we're now in with a chance... I'm going to double their chances by also predicting a defeat, 2-0 The match is (just about) a sell-out (including 24,000 Charlton fans). Let's hope we can rise to the occasion and dampen their enthusiasm. Whatever happens, absolutely no complaints about the season, 'eventful' as Lifelong suggests...

Change my mind now am going to predict a 2 nil win like I’ve done all season just got to get Irish on board and we will be on our way RTID

Quote Originally Posted by lifelongrover View Post
    Change my mind now am going to predict a 2 nil win like I’ve done all season just got to get Irish on board and we will be on our way RTID
    Probably just a bit too late in the day to expect a prediction from MadIrish, so just in case, I'll make one for him : 4-2 win for the Rovers...?

Very proud to be a rover tonight

Well done Rovers ! Great match to end the season. A lottery in the end...

It's a long, long time since I last got so excited over a Rovers game.
    Charlton used every trick in the book and played their hearts out to win on the night, and yet we still beat them at pure football. And it was so close on the penalties as well.
    How McCann has achieved so much from a team he fundamentally took over from Fergie I will never know. I don't believe Fergie could have achieved as much. With the right singings this summer we should have another season in the playoffs.
    Here's hoping.