+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 1970s - "We all agree County are better than F****t"

1970s - "We all agree County are better than F****t"

There were many variations of this chant, one apparently being "We all agree Duncan McKenzie's a spastic".

Didn't realise until today that the origin of the chant is a traditional Mexican tune called "Cielito lindo" and here is a 1920s recording of it (58 seconds in for the chorus)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PSp4-TiYyA

I vaguely remember a “We all agree Nottingham F***** are tragic” in response to their “magic” chant. And a very 1970s riposte to their “Brian Clough and Peter Taylor” chant of “One’s a puff and one’s a sailor” (no offence, Navy Pie!).

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    I vaguely remember a “We all agree Nottingham F***** are tragic” in response to their “magic” chant. And a very 1970s riposte to their “Brian Clough and Peter Taylor” chant of “One’s a puff and one’s a sailor” (no offence, Navy Pie!).
    I remember those too, around the time of the appalling cringe single they released

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    There were many variations of this chant, one apparently being "We all agree Duncan McKenzie's a spastic".

Didn't realise until today that the origin of the chant is a traditional Mexican tune called "Cielito lindo" and here is a 1920s recording of it (58 seconds in for the chorus)

I trained with Duncan McKenzie in the early 70s at Mansfield he was a lot of things but spastic wasn’t one of them

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    None taken you c**t.

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    I trained with Duncan McKenzie in the early 70s at Mansfield he was a lot of things but spastic wasn’t one of them
    Famous for jumping over a mini

It was good to hear another old 70s chant revived at the weekend on the Liverpool Kop who gave a rousing rendition of "We shall not be moved".

Famous for jumping over a mini

It was good to hear another old 70s chant revived at the weekend on the Liverpool Kop who gave a rousing rendition of "We shall not be moved".
    I never saw him jump the mini but I saw enough to realise (that despite what I had thought) I would never make a professional footballer☹️

Ay,ay,ay,ay,
    Mike Rose is better than Yashin.
    Harkin is better than Eu-se-bi-o
    And Barrow are in for a thrashing !