+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: I made the right decision

I made the right decision

I just knew they would **** it up so living in SW France and being an hour ahead of the UK I went to bed without checking how things were going. I thought if they are losing I won't be able to sleep so will leave it until the morning. It was on the cards, no other Championship club has lost the first leg and gone through but none of them played against Leeds, there had been a lot of piss taking of Derby & Lampard, gonna come back and bite you and if you can't win against 10 man Wigan with a goal start then Derby? Nailed on cock-up.

My first foray onto the terraces on Elland Rd were in the mid 50's so I have seen it all apart from the last few years when I depend on highlights and the comments on this site but living through the Revie period there were many disappointments mainly due to biased and bent referees, the establishment's desire to makelife as difficult as possible and that utter disgrace of a Yorkshireman Alan Hardacre.

But they always fought through to come up with victory. I was at Wembley & Old Trafford for Chelsea (sick as parrot) but was at Wembley v Arsenal (great), at Hampden v Celtic but trying to climb a mountain after losing at Elland Rd and also in Turin and Elland Rd when they won the Fairs Cup.

Many disappointments but also many victories but this lot, disappointment all the way!

Whereabouts in France are you mate ?

Quote Originally Posted by Francewhite View Post
    I just knew they would **** it up so living in SW France and being an hour ahead of the UK I went to bed without checking how things were going. I thought if they are losing I won't be able to sleep so will leave it until the morning. It was on the cards, no other Championship club has lost the first leg and gone through but none of them played against Leeds, there had been a lot of piss taking of Derby & Lampard, gonna come back and bite you and if you can't win against 10 man Wigan with a goal start then Derby? Nailed on cock-up.

My first foray onto the terraces on Elland Rd were in the mid 50's so I have seen it all apart from the last few years when I depend on highlights and the comments on this site but living through the Revie period there were many disappointments mainly due to biased and bent referees, the establishment's desire to makelife as difficult as possible and that utter disgrace of a Yorkshireman Alan Hardacre.

But they always fought through to come up with victory. I was at Wembley & Old Trafford for Chelsea (sick as parrot) but was at Wembley v Arsenal (great), at Hampden v Celtic but trying to climb a mountain after losing at Elland Rd and also in Turin and Elland Rd when they won the Fairs Cup.

Many disappointments but also many victories but this lot, disappointment all the way!

Once Alf has tethered his mules up on his annual road trip to the coast to get his yearly bath, he will be onto this like a dirty smelly cotton mill clog

I threw my hand in after the Wigan debacle....the writing was there for all to see, LEEDS doing what LEEDS do. Not quite mid fifties, late fifties for me and yes i agree disappointment comes with the real estate we all bought into. High hopes this time out so it hurt a lot more when we fell. So here we are again.....another season looming on the horizon. I still have a bitter taste in my mouth but it will taste a little sweeter if villa do the job. Later on this year I will be back as always and like most on here, hoping.........when the dice is thrown.

No matter.......I love this club and YES all them years ago I made the right decision. BTW I’m 8hrs behind UK.

Mules tied up George...lol..Anyway,enjoy your summer holiday and come back refreshed for more of the same next season ..

The FA cup final v Sunderland was quite a shock as well.
    Last edited by alfinyalcabo; 25-05-2019 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Mules tied up George...lol..Anyway,enjoy your summer holiday and come back refreshed for more of the same next season ..

The FA cup final v Sunderland was quite a shock as well.

Yes it was mate Too many to remember in my old head! But the good times overrides the disappointments easily, I like the saying "old too soon, wise too late"

My summer hols of sorts is coming back to Blighty for a couple week. Have yourself a good one Alf and of course the rest of the guys n gals on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    Whereabouts in France are you mate ?
    Hi Wardy, I am in the Correze, SW of France near to the Dordogne river, I can walk to it in about an hour via very difficult hilly wooded tracks. Rugby Union country with FC Brive, the local team attempting to get back into the Top 14 after one season in Pro D2. They play in the final and I just wonder, will they do a Leeds and cock up a game they should win.

Football round here is the equivalent of maybe conference north at best and decent local amateur is the easiest option. If I want league 2 I would have to go to Clermont Ferrand and for League 1 a trip to Bordeaux, both 3 hour plus journeys so a bit of a wasteland.

I wish we had had the facilities as amateurs that the French provide, local teams with stands, floodlights and excellent playing surfaces and extremely popular as is of course RU. Maybe this is why the French do better than England at International level. Better support for the grass roots.
    Last edited by Francewhite; 27-05-2019 at 01:22 PM.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)