I just knew they would **** it up so living in SW France and being an hour ahead of the UK I went to bed without checking how things were going. I thought if they are losing I won't be able to sleep so will leave it until the morning. It was on the cards, no other Championship club has lost the first leg and gone through but none of them played against Leeds, there had been a lot of piss taking of Derby & Lampard, gonna come back and bite you and if you can't win against 10 man Wigan with a goal start then Derby? Nailed on cock-up.

My first foray onto the terraces on Elland Rd were in the mid 50's so I have seen it all apart from the last few years when I depend on highlights and the comments on this site but living through the Revie period there were many disappointments mainly due to biased and bent referees, the establishment's desire to makelife as difficult as possible and that utter disgrace of a Yorkshireman Alan Hardacre.

But they always fought through to come up with victory. I was at Wembley & Old Trafford for Chelsea (sick as parrot) but was at Wembley v Arsenal (great), at Hampden v Celtic but trying to climb a mountain after losing at Elland Rd and also in Turin and Elland Rd when they won the Fairs Cup.

Many disappointments but also many victories but this lot, disappointment all the way!