+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Inverness starting to get right on my nerves

Recent history tells us that Robbo, Dorran et al, have not said anything that isn't true from their perspective. The fact that we struggled to beat ten men also highlights this. They are simply pumping themselves us for their most important game of the season so far. From what I saw of the first half of the game up at Inverness, ICT were more composed and more organised than us.

Treat their mouthings not as p**h, but as timely reminders so that our lot know the challenge ahead of us. If we are nervy again, we will likely lose the tie. The best means of defence is to attack.......and let's have less of the faffing about at the back. We did that quite a few times up at Inver and gave their ten men time to organise themselves every time.

The players have shown a good attitude though, this team was only assembled at end of January, If we don't go up we are much better placed for next season than the previous ones to go for the title from the off, doesn't mean not desperate for us to do it now

Anyway this thread is about the shyte coming from their manager and players, for that alone I want us to put them firmly in their place tonight, was bad enough Csaba costing us last season against a shyte wee club at this stage, hopefully with our support making it more uncomfortable, let Robertson and Doran know what we think about them early and not see a repeat

Sheds, forget about next season for the time being. This is about tonight! That is what ICT are doing. They are thinking about tonight and trying to get up this season. If we concentrate on our job we can go all the way THIS season. I'm not interested in shutting up Robertson and Dorran. I am interested in the Shed going up this season. What they are doing is very understandable. Maybe if we had that same attitude earlier in the season, tonight would be the second leg of a Highland derby instead?

No we were never getting up automatically this season after starting with Csaba and having three different teams, new owners, upheaval... Was just never going to transpire like that in reality

Well I am interested in shutting them up as we prevail, IF our attitude is spot on and we match then for intensity and desire, there is only one winner and it will be DUFC

Quote Originally Posted by RAM1971 View Post
    Recent history tells us that Robbo, Dorran et al, have not said anything that isn't true from their perspective. The fact that we struggled to beat ten men also highlights this. They are simply pumping themselves us for their most important game of the season so far. From what I saw of the first half of the game up at Inverness, ICT were more composed and more organised than us.

Treat their mouthings not as p**h, but as timely reminders so that our lot know the challenge ahead of us. If we are nervy again, we will likely lose the tie. The best means of defence is to attack.......and let's have less of the faffing about at the back. We did that quite a few times up at Inver and gave their ten men time to organise themselves every time.
    Exactly this, well said!!

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    No we were never getting up automatically this season after starting with Csaba and having three different teams, new owners, upheaval... Was just never going to transpire like that in reality

Well I am interested in shutting them up as we prevail, IF our attitude is spot on and we match then for intensity and desire, there is only one winner and it will be DUFC
    Tonight is not about them It is about us. Revenge is a dish best served cold!

We need to start with a high tempo, get the crowd right behind us, and try to get an early goal to put us firmly in the driving seat. I will be severely p!$$ed off if we don’t adopt that approach!

If we start tentatively trying to protect a slim lead, then we’ll simply invite pressure/mistakes and give them the edge, confidence, and be the makers of our own downfall. In the name of a previous poster...Seenitab4

The big hvn Jordan White wants them to turn our crowd against us

I have a feeling the crowd will be very positive and get behind the team if there is a setback

Got a horrible feeling they'll score early and it'll be a nervy game. Think we'll draw and go through though.

Quote Originally Posted by Otm_Shank View Post
    Got a horrible feeling they'll score early and it'll be a nervy game. Think we'll draw and go through though.
    F**k that, I want us to coast it and be 3 up by half time so I can enjoy my pint in the 2nd half LOL

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)