+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Inverness starting to get right on my nerves

Quote Originally Posted by zeek View Post
    F**k that, I want us to coast it and be 3 up by half time so I can enjoy my pint in the 2nd half LOL
    Oh man I want us to be coasting by 20 minutes!....just my pessimistic brain not letting me get too confident

Quote Originally Posted by ballumbie_arab View Post
    We need to start with a high tempo, get the crowd right behind us, and try to get an early goal to put us firmly in the driving seat. I will be severely p!$$ed off if we don’t adopt that approach!

If we start tentatively trying to protect a slim lead, then we’ll simply invite pressure/mistakes and give them the edge, confidence, and be the makers of our own downfall. In the name of a previous poster...Seenitab4
    Now, here is a scholar that knows his/ her stuff. 2/1 utd then onwards and upwards. Taxi for Robertson.

It's all mind games..they know we have been weak minded throughout the season. We need to go and put them to the sword, we have nothing to fear. If the players on the park play to the level they are capable of, we will win the game....it's that simple! (unless robbie has a brain fart with the team selection and tactics) Tonight will be a test of both the fans and players mental strength....an early goal or 2 for us would settle the nerves!

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    It's all mind games..they know we have been weak minded throughout the season. We need to go and put them to the sword, we have nothing to fear. If the players on the park play to the level they are capable of, we will win the game....it's that simple! (unless robbie has a brain fart with the team selection and tactics) Tonight will be a test of both the fans and players mental strength....an early goal or 2 for us would settle the nerves!

Yes that's all it is. When we take the bait we have sunk to their level. Instead of shouting at them, shout on United!

BTW, Dorran going on about the team celebrating like we'd won the tie? Total knob. The players have been appreciating the fans (especially away from home) ALL SEASON.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    BTW, Dorran going on about the team celebrating like we'd won the tie? Total knob. The players have been appreciating the fans (especially away from home) ALL SEASON.
    There was similar stuff from Kettlewell after we won in Dingwall in November. I think it’s mainly because baith the Highland hammerthrowers don’t understand this concept of ‘supporters in numbers’ as opposed to one man and his sheep. It’s like an X-File for them.

Butcher potentially being out is a concern. They are a horrible team. They will keep kicking us and clancy being appointed is a clear statement to us that the hvn rulers of our game want us to suffer.

True but Polworth being missing for them is equally damaging from their point of view.

Agreed about Polworth. That's fantastic for us. Think he's pretty good for them

Good point Terry and otm - come on lets phucking destroy them

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)