+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chris Hughton update

Chris Hughton update

I really don’t want Hughton at the Hawthorns, a miserable bloke, would be an ultra boring appointment.

If hughton arrives can see Rodriguez definetly departing as after the pongo case I doubt they’d get on

I’m not against Hughton but I’m glad to see Danny Cowley is in the frame as well.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I’m not against Hughton but I’m glad to see Danny Cowley is in the frame as well.
    Christ no! The Cowley brothers might get results in the lower league but they're just a poor mans Tony Pulis who play hoof ball. I'd rather keep Shan tbh.

100% in agreement with that but probably just favouring Cowley but a very close call and would be very happy with either. Let’s just get it sorted quickly though to give the new man time to get the squad in shape for next season because there is a lot to do.

We really need someone experienced and Hughton fits the bill. Failing that, i don’t think it would hurt to get someone European, young up and coming and that has links with some of the top managers in the prem. Be good to get us those key loan players we seem to always opt for.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarmbaggie View Post
    100% in agreement with that but probably just favouring Cowley but a very close call and would be very happy with either. Let’s just get it sorted quickly though to give the new man time to get the squad in shape for next season because there is a lot to do.
    Left field option, but has anyone thought of Micky Mellon? If Cowley is in the mix, then so should he be.

He has a connection with us and his record in the lower leagues is phenomenal.

He's got Tranmere into the play off final this year, and if he gets them promoted, his record will be something like 5 promotions in 8 years of management.

He took Fleetwood from Conference North to League 2 and was sacked with them 4th in the league. Then he took Shrewsbury up from League 2, kept them in league 1 and was sacked. Then he took over at Tranmere who were in the conference and if he wins the league 2 play off final coming up, then its back to back promotions.

The conference especially is a bloody hard league to get out of, and he's done it twice.

I have no idea what his football is like or his style of management. So I'm not advocating him, just looking at his results, and if we're looking at lower leagues he might be worth at least a thought.

You and me both.
    I'd take Cowley over Hughton. Only issue I have with Hughton were his comments regarding us supporters after the second cup game.

Everyone knows we will be linked to lots of managers and then Appleton will be appointed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)