+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: OT - Rotherham mentioned on the Today program

OT - Rotherham mentioned on the Today program

[Sigh] Our glorious town has just had a mention on the BBC's flagship radio program - the Today show.

Was it a positive story, surely it must have been?

Nope. It was that a brand new bus stop has been erected on a road no longer served by a bus route.

Now, don't get me wrong, this is not a dig at the council as it is SYPTE who sort such things but the report was just general mirth at Rotherham. What fools they must be.

One day, one sweet day, there will be something really positive reported about Rothers and Sheffield wont claim it. When that happens we should arrange a MM get together and throw a champagne party to celebrate (Brin's paying).

Read this in the Tiser Grumps, but it only cost £6,000 and wasnt anyones money really so it doesnt matter does it?

Could be worse, I saw us mentioned the other day by a Finnish politician who compared a grooming gang in Oulu to "what happened in Rotherham."

Here’s another one from the ‘tiser

https://www.rotherhamadvertiser.co.u...eper_32000.htm

Yes the scroat lived in Canklow, but the other offender lived in Sheffield, the “businesses” is in Sheffield and the “victim” is Romanian.

It’s a cancer that’s spreading

Note the suspended sentence and the cheap EU Labour connection with the pizza company

Wrong on so many levels

Quote Originally Posted by gkotw View Post
    [Sigh] Our glorious town has just had a mention on the BBC's flagship radio program - the Today show.

Was it a positive story, surely it must have been?

Nope. It was that a brand new bus stop has been erected on a road no longer served by a bus route.

Now, don't get me wrong, this is not a dig at the council as it is SYPTE who sort such things but the report was just general mirth at Rotherham. What fools they must be.

One day, one sweet day, there will be something really positive reported about Rothers and Sheffield wont claim it. When that happens we should arrange a MM get together and throw a champagne party to celebrate (Brin's paying).
    gkotw, cheers for the heads up on the payment side.....I'll order a Sarsaparilla for Crash, x 3 Dr Peppers for our stateside buddies, numerous cokes and fanta's for the rest of us, oh, and some wide mouth hotdogs that will fill many mouths off this site.....

Yes, one day, this town will rise like a phoenix from the ashes and all the rest of the UK/world, will admire what it has achieved. Don't know what it will be or when but I agree, it will not always be doom and gloom about good old Rotherham.
    Last edited by Brin; 17-05-2019 at 09:19 AM.

Well said Brinster.

And at THAT point those of us who refused to turn our back on our town, who refused to snear at it and join in the piss taking, who refused to pretend we actually weren't from Rotherham! Those of us who were prepared to stay on board and keep bailing the water even it meant going down with the ship .... We are the ones who will then hold our heads high, puff out our chest, and say I'm proud to be from Rotherham AND I ALWAYS WAS!!

No matter where in the world I find myself on my holidays, I always inform people who ask, that I am from Rotherham, South Yorkshire.

If pressed further where about that is in England, I ask, 'Have you heard of Sheffield' which invariably they do. I then go on to say that Sheffield is a small town about 9 miles from ROTHERHAM!

It’s in Maltby so won’t be there long (vandalism)

There might be a plan to get a bus traveling that way who knows

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    It’s in Maltby so won’t be there long (vandalism)

There might be a plan to get a bus traveling that way who knows
    That's Doncaster really isn't it?