+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Whilst we wait...

Quote Originally Posted by RarePie View Post
    First thing I'd do is sack Ardley and pay off the rest of Tim Flowers contract at Solihull Moors to bring him in, he's done a good job at Solihull Moors and is proven at this level. We are a bigger club than them with more at stake and with £900m (in this scenario) a much bigger budget, so I don't think he'd need much persuasion to leave. From what I've seen they play very positive attacking football too, which I prefer.

Secondly, I'd delete all of my social media accounts.

I'd appoint a suitable Director of Football somebody with previous managerial experience, someone akin to Dave Bassett but not as old.

I'd look to create a 500 seater training ground that's also suitable for the reserves and youth academy, possibly in the waterfront development area so it's close to Meadow Lane.

I'd keep Meadow Lane as is, but update some things, i.e. a working scoreboard, revamping of the food and beer stalls, provide cover on the outside of the Kop bars and if I had enough money, fill in the corners of the ground.

The vacant land behind the Kop would be turned into a home fans pub/restaurant/hotel and the meadow bar would be used for away fans. The Family Stand would be renamed and would be given to away fans (f*ck em) and the Jimmy Sirrel Stand would be the new family stand for home fans. Half would be for regular paying home fans as is, and half would be free tickets given to schools and families on low income as part of a community scheme (helps get young fans, gives those less fortunate than ourselves a free/cheap day out, and involves us in the community).

The new family stand (in the current Jimmy Sirrel stand) would have a section in the middle cut out and built upon so it's effectively split into two stands with a building in the middle (after stabilising the foundations for safety) to provide activities for families, such as mascot meets, face-painting, the usual stuff, etc. (I can imagine the revamped stand in my head but it's hard to explain how it would look).

The Kop would be renamed the Jack Wheeler Kop Stand.

I'd keep the deals that Alan introduced and make sure children under the age of 16 get in for free. Season tickets would have a tier system, the normal ticket prices would be reduced, but I'd offset the loss of income with a new 'Gold' tier that allows you to bring a friend for three games, a free match shirt and scarf, matchday programme, etc. for a higher price than the current season tickets.

I'd pump money into the youth team to try and develop some young talent and I'd pump money into better scouts.

I'd pay money for a consultant of Championship level to reform the back-room staff to get it working efficiently and professionally. Build from back to front.

I'd give Tim Flowers plenty of money to build a team he wants and clear out all the players we currently have, no matter the cost (maybe saving Rose). He'd be under instruction to build a team of no more than 23, should injuries occur he's got the loan system to fall back on. A small quality team over a quantity team.

Once all this has been done, I'd sit back, relax, and leave footballing matters to the DOF and only occasionally pop in to give a good b*ll*cking when needed or to distribute some cash during the transfer window.
    Such a top post mate

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Dog View Post
    Such a top post mate
    Just relocate Salford to ML

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234