+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good to dream

Good to dream

Popped on to check for takeover updates, it seems likely that we're being taken over by people of considerable means.

I've not had a positive thought about Notts for a long while so feck it my BH holiday weekend is going to be spent in dreamworld.

I'm dreaming that they not only have means but intent, I'm dreaming they're professional people who know the value of putting a professional management team in place, I'm dreaming they're motivated not only by some long unknown connection with the club but also by a hatred of the red sh!te and won't rest until we're above them, I'm dreaming they own a scoreboard company, I'm dreaming they're sensible people and not ego crazed megalomaniacs.

I'm dreaming this is lowest point I ever see Notts County at.

I hope I'm not dreaming.

Wake up!!

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Wake up!!
    Well that didn't last long.

We've got to dream, we can't afford for things to get any worse. Success is paramount from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by pielover View Post
    Popped on to check for takeover updates, it seems likely that we're being taken over by people of considerable means.

I've not had a positive thought about Notts for a long while so feck it my BH holiday weekend is going to be spent in dreamworld.

I'm dreaming that they not only have means but intent, I'm dreaming they're professional people who know the value of putting a professional management team in place, I'm dreaming they're motivated not only by some long unknown connection with the club but also by a hatred of the red sh!te and won't rest until we're above them, I'm dreaming they own a scoreboard company, I'm dreaming they're sensible people and not ego crazed megalomaniacs.

I'm dreaming this is lowest point I ever see Notts County at.

I hope I'm not dreaming.
    I know this sounds like pure fantasy, but I'm dreaming that the new owners provide consistency and stability on and off the pitch, starting by now sacking the manager every 3 months. Maybe then we can build a competitive and hungry squad that's able to win more games than it loses in the fifth tier of English football.

I know, I know, I'm crazy for expecting too much.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    starting by now sacking the manager every 3 months.
    Personally I think that's too frequent. I think they should get back to having only one or two per season

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Personally I think that's too frequent. I think they should get back to having only one or two per season
    A rolling monthly appointment would be better. A parade of managers on the pitch come season's end, a fans vote and a few lie detector tests thrown in.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    A rolling monthly appointment would be better. A parade of managers on the pitch come season's end, a fans vote and a few lie detector tests thrown in.
    Mmm. I think you could be onto something...

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Haha, I've been infected with the Notts disease. SACK THEM! SACK THEM ALL!

Obviously I meant 'starting by not sacking'.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Haha, I've been infected with the Notts disease. SACK THEM! SACK THEM ALL!

Obviously I meant 'starting by not sacking'.
    Apparently one, or two season ticket holders have acquired a taste for human flesh, so half-time might be entertaining on a whole new level, if results start to disappoint.

Vegan alternatives are available, and supporters in the Pavis Stand might want to check the condition of their dentures

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast